Has anybody tried using a wireless hub in conjunction with the RB. I would like to locate by box in the loft but my PC is downstairs and I don't fancy a long USB wire etc. I found the product on the link below on the SBS forum which seems to work and was wondering if some of the more technically minded can offer any thoughts?
http://www.belkin.com/uk/networkusbhub/
Bob this hub unit needs to be hard wired to your router...
"* The Network USB Hub requires an Ethernet connection to a router. Router not included with this product. "
so if your router it located in the loft then it should be ok, otherwise there is still going to be a long trailing wire somewhere!
Oh, as I understand it, it works with either an existing hard-wired OR wireless router...
DC
Just repeating what the manual says... requires an ethernet connection to a router but any USB device connected to it will then be available via the wireless network.
Do know for sure though as I do not have one :o)
should work, just connect the sender to the router and receiver in the loft with the RB box?
Hi Bob
I have my Radarbox connected to my upstairs PC and then I use a laptop on wireless to connected to the PC via Remote Desktop,
If you have a laptop, I find that way works very well for me.
I've just set my RB up with remote desktop too, all seems to be working well. I'm running RB on my laptop from my desktop system. Thanks for the idea waddington1.
I am pleased I was able to help.
all the best
Stuart