AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: lanner on June 18, 2008, 03:44:33 PM

Title: Above West Cornwall
Post by: lanner on June 18, 2008, 03:44:33 PM
I am a total newbe to this activity so please excuse what may be a silly question.
I live in West Cornwall, will I be able to capture much Air Nav traffic in such a low activity area?

  John
Title: Re: Above West Cornwall
Post by: AirNav Support on June 18, 2008, 04:12:40 PM
I am sure you would be able to track flights across to Jersey and aircraft climbing to the Oceanic Tracks.

If we remember correctlty one of our early customers DaveG is in that area and gets a nice amount of traffic. 
Title: Re: Above West Cornwall
Post by: DaveG on June 18, 2008, 05:20:13 PM
Hi John,

If your login name is anything to go by (lanner) your not far from me (Helston).  Although not as busy as those in some areas of the country, the South West does provide good enough contacts to keep you interested.
Title: Re: Above West Cornwall
Post by: Titan on June 19, 2008, 02:08:54 PM
Hi John
I am near St Ives and in a valley so my contacts are not as many as some, my Radar box aerial is in the loft using a usb extender but I can get some good miltary and civilian traffic especially towards the north east of me.
Title: Re: Above West Cornwall
Post by: Spaice on June 21, 2008, 08:34:56 PM
It's a shame that the Concorde no longer flys as you would have seen it overfly Cornwall and go supesonic once over the Atlantic.  You could hear the sonic boom at it went supersonic, although if it was still flying it would not have hade Mode S to provide the information that RB need to plot on screen.
Title: Re: Above West Cornwall
Post by: lanner on December 08, 2011, 07:04:03 PM
Hi to all the kind users who so very kindly answered my question about trafic over West Cornwall from lanner.

The box is on order, expected within days, more wires as the XYL says !!

Thank you all

John (lanner)