I have had my pi 3b+ working great last few yrs no issues till recently .
I feed radarbox24 and flightaware using a green rtl .
For some reason flightaware stopped working , sending anything back in late August . and now radarbox has stopped . When i investigated i found that after a power outage my pi would not boot
I reinstalled OS (buster) reinstalled piaware and radarbox and now im back online with Radarbox but not sending data ????? flightaware is not recognizing my pi but radarbox is ????? I have looked and it says they are running but no data is being sent . I am online with the pi as this is what I used to post this
[network]
mode=beast
external_port=30005
external_host=127.0.0.1
[mlat]
autostart_mlat=true
#mlat_cmd=/usr/bin/python3.5 /usr/bin/mlat-client
[dump978]
#dump978_enabled=true
Buster is an old OS, I suggest that you update your set up which should enable you to upgrade to the latest feeder software. See reply 6 of this thread for info https://forum.radarbox24.com/index.php?topic=105521.0
Alan
Quote from: Runway 31 on October 11, 2021, 08:00:54 AM
Buster is an old OS, I suggest that you update your set up which should enable you to upgrade to the latest feeder software. See reply 6 of this thread for info https://forum.radarbox24.com/index.php?topic=105521.0
Alan
I think you got some mixup.
BUSTER is the
current image for Raspberry Pi.
The STRETCH and JESSIE are the outdated ones.
Quote from: dirkpitt on October 11, 2021, 12:01:19 AM
now im back online with Radarbox but not sending data ????? flightaware is not recognizing my pi but radarbox is ????? I have looked and it says they are running but no data is being sent . I am online with the pi as this is what I used to post this
[network]
mode=beast
external_port=30005
external_host=127.0.0.1
[mlat]
autostart_mlat=true
#mlat_cmd=/usr/bin/python3.5 /usr/bin/mlat-client
[dump978]
#dump978_enabled=true
You are missing the entire [client] part in your config file.
The [client] part contains feeder key. Without feeder key no data will be sent to RadarBox24.
Below is the full config file
sudo nano /etc/rbfeeder.ini Quote
[client]
network_mode=true
log_file=/var/log/rbfeeder.log
disable_log=1
key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sn=EXTRPI00xxxx
lat=xx.xxxxxx
lon=-yy.yyyyy
alt=zzz
sat_used=0
sat_visible=0
[network]
mode=beast
external_port=30005
external_host=127.0.0.1
[mlat]
autostart_mlat=true
#mlat_cmd=/usr/bin/python3.5 /usr/bin/mlat-client
[dump978]
#dump978_enabled=true
Thanks abcd, my bad confusion
Alan