AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: cloud9surfer on January 18, 2022, 12:42:42 AM

Title: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: cloud9surfer on January 18, 2022, 12:42:42 AM
Good Day,

first post, setting up my RadarBox ADS-B Flight Stick.   Im using RaspberryPi 4.  Fresh install with Debian Bullseye.

What am I missing??, rbfeeder doesn't want to install.


TIA

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo rbfeeder --showkey --no-start
sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: Runway 31 on January 18, 2022, 09:09:35 AM
There is no Bullseye package yet but see this thread for a workround https://forum.radarbox24.com/index.php?topic=105631.0

Alan
Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: cloud9surfer on January 21, 2022, 11:46:54 PM
I followed the steps without success.

It ends with this :Don't know how to install for a distribution named

regards,

C
Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: abcd567 on January 22, 2022, 12:00:02 AM
Quote from: cloud9surfer on January 21, 2022, 11:46:54 PM
I followed the steps without success.

It ends with this :Don't know how to install for a distribution named

regards,

C

You made a mistake while editing the install file. 
Instead of typing new line like this:
VERS=buster
(VERS with Capital letters)

You typed like this:
vers=buster
(vers with small letters)

Please correct this typing mistake and re-run the script.


Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: cloud9surfer on January 22, 2022, 12:14:13 AM
Ah, so I did.   Im up and running now.   Thanks for all the help.

regards,

C
Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: abcd567 on January 22, 2022, 12:24:55 AM
Did you enable mlat by two step method:

STEP-1
Set your latitude, longitude and elevation (above sea level)

STEP-2
Install mlat-client for 32-bit Bullseye

https://github.com/abcd567a/mlat-client-package#readme
Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: cloud9surfer on January 22, 2022, 12:31:14 AM
Not quite,  I saw a previous post of yours and ran that.
## Installed required packages (dependencies and build tools)
sudo apt update -y
sudo apt-get install -y git curl build-essential debhelper python-dev python3-dev

## Downloaded source code
cd /home/pi/ 
git clone https://github.com/mutability/mlat-client.git 

## Built mlat-client's installation package
cd /home/pi/mlat-client 
sudo apt-get install -y dh-python 
sudo dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc 

## Above command took some time to build package. After the package was built, installed it by following command
cd /home/pi/ 
sudo dpkg -i mlat-client_*.deb
 


Should I re-install with  :  https://github.com/abcd567a/mlat-client-package#readme
Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: cloud9surfer on January 22, 2022, 12:52:20 AM
Look like mlat is running for me.

Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: abcd567 on January 22, 2022, 01:00:01 AM
Quote from: cloud9surfer on January 22, 2022, 12:31:14 AM
Not quite,  I saw a previous post of yours and ran that.
## Installed required packages (dependencies and build tools)
sudo apt update -y
sudo apt-get install -y git curl build-essential debhelper python-dev python3-dev

## Downloaded source code
cd /home/pi/ 
git clone https://github.com/mutability/mlat-client.git 

## Built mlat-client's installation package
cd /home/pi/mlat-client 
sudo apt-get install -y dh-python 
sudo dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc 

## Above command took some time to build package. After the package was built, installed it by following command
cd /home/pi/ 
sudo dpkg -i mlat-client_*.deb
 


Should I re-install with  :  https://github.com/abcd567a/mlat-client-package#readme

No need to reinstall.

The package I have uploaded at github is same as you have built from source-code, that is why your mlat is running now.

Installation from https://github.com/abcd567a/mlat-client-package#readme is an alternate and easy method if someone does not want to built the mlat-client from source code.


.
Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: cloud9surfer on January 22, 2022, 02:10:41 AM
Ok perfect.  Thanks. 

This is off topic and unsure where to find the info.    I can't figure out what the green shaded cones on the map are. 

Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: Runway 31 on January 22, 2022, 07:51:24 PM
The green shaded area is your area of coverage built up so far and will fill in further over time

Alan
Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: cloud9surfer on January 22, 2022, 08:13:23 PM
I started to think that was the case after I posted, as I see most of of the area out to 200nm is now filled in,  except for a few areas where I assume reception is getting blocked.   

Thanks
Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: teesvalley spotter on January 23, 2022, 01:49:22 PM
Hello. I have followed this and came across an error at the end

Can anyone advise what to do?
Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: abcd567 on January 23, 2022, 11:29:54 PM
Quote from: teesvalley spotter on January 23, 2022, 01:49:22 PM
Hello. I have followed this and came across an error at the end

Can anyone advise what to do?

(1) Have you installed any decoder like dump1090-fa, or deump1090-mutability etc? Your output says "Network mode disabled" which is used only if you have not installed a decoder like dump1090-fa or dump1090-mutability.

(2) Please post here the contents of file /etc/rbfeeder.ini
(remove key before posting in forum)
You can see the contents by following command
sudo nano /etc/rbfeeder.ini

See attached screenshot of my file /etc/rbfeeder.ini
I have installed dump1090-fa, and the following setting matches it. Note I have enabled network mode under [client] by making it "true"

[client]
network_mode=true

[network]
mode=beast
external_port=30005
external_host=127.0.0.1
Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: teesvalley spotter on January 23, 2022, 11:38:24 PM
Hi. Thanks for the reply above. I have piaware SD card latest version installed I haven't got access to my pi at the moment. I can get the picture tomorrow.
Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: abcd567 on January 23, 2022, 11:55:44 PM
Quote from: teesvalley spotter on January 23, 2022, 11:38:24 PM
Hi. Thanks for the reply above. I have piaware SD card latest version installed I haven't got access to my pi at the moment. I can get the picture tomorrow.

No need to post screenshot. You have Piaware SD card which has dump1090-fa pre-installed.

Open file rbfeeder.ini for editing

sudo nano /etc/rbfeeder.ini

In file opened, do following
(1) under [client] change from "network_mode=false" to "network_mode=true"
and
(2) under [network] make it like below:

[network]
mode=beast
external_port=30005
external_host=127.0.0.1

(3) Save file (press Ctrl and O keys together), then close file (press Ctrl andX keys together)

(4) Restart rbfeeder

sudo systemctl restart rbfeeder


(5) Check status of rbfeeder

sudo systemctl status rbfeeder


Please dont forget to feed-back if you succeeded or not.

Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: cloud9surfer on January 24, 2022, 12:50:37 AM
Looks to be running as it should now.


[client]
network_mode=true
log_file=/var/log/rbfeeder.log
disable_log=0

key=#######

sn=EXTRPI015836

lat=51.#####

lon=-114.#####

alt=1122

sat_used=0

sat_visible=0

[network]
mode=beast
external_port=30005
external_host=127.0.0.1

[mlat]
autostart_mlat=true
#mlat_cmd=/usr/bin/python3.5 /usr/bin/mlat-client

[dump978]
#dump978_enabled=true


rbfeeder.ini.   with key and lat/long ##hidden
Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: teesvalley spotter on January 24, 2022, 11:24:34 AM
Hi. I have followed the above and get the following back

Title: Re: sudo: rbfeeder: command not found
Post by: Aerotower on February 17, 2022, 08:31:58 PM
Quote from: teesvalley spotter on January 24, 2022, 11:24:34 AM
Hi. I have followed the above and get the following back


You are online, so no problem!