Hi there,
is there a limit to the range in the feeder?
I noticed that Dump1090-FA continues to receive properly, but disappears with "Out of Coverage" in the view
The flight can still be seen in Flightaware.
Is that possibly a bug?
Greetings from Germany
What time out does FA use once it has lost the signal from the aircraft, prsumably it is longer than Airnav
Alan
I think 60sec.
But I don't think that can be the cause.
The evaluation continues to run continuously in Dump1090. When that happens, I can sometimes receive the signal up to 50km further and the plane has disappeared in RB.
As they are both being fed from the same receiver its all I can think of, different time outs on loosing the signal. I doesnt take long for an aircraft to travel 50Km at 650km per hour
I doubt if anyone on the forum will be able to advise but maybe support could
Alan
Of course it is possible that this could be the cause.
I'll keep an eye on it and then contact support.
Nevertheless, thank you for your answer.
The Flightaware's decoder dump1090-fa has max range 360 nm by default.
sudo nano /etc/default/dump1090-fa
Scroll down to these lines:
# Maximum range, in NM. Positions more distant than this are ignored. No limit if not set.
MAX_RANGE=360
.
Hi there,
Thank you for the tip. I'll change that right away and watch.