AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: CZUL on July 04, 2008, 10:06:35 PM

Title: Radar Box Keeps Freezing
Post by: CZUL on July 04, 2008, 10:06:35 PM
For the last 3 weeks I've been having problems keeping my RB application running a full day without it freezing. I have changed nothing on my PC, I use it for basic applications and remote administration for my work. I'v reinstalled RB 1.5 but I'm still having the same problem. It seems to occur when ever I change zoom settings or other manipulations of the screen. The application is normally slow to respond to changes, that I have gotten used to, but then I'll have instances where I make a change and the software locks up. Resources are not overly taxed, memory usage and CPU usage hardly budge.

When will 1.6 be released?  I'm anxious to see if these issues are cleared up with that version. I'm even willing to become  a test case for 1.6 if at all possible.

Hardware: Dell 530 C2Duo 2.13 GHZ T6430 CPU, 2GB RAM. Vista Ultimate with SP1
                Video card GEForce 8600GT HD 500GB SATA2


CZUL
Title: Re: Radar Box Keeps Freezing
Post by: Allocator on July 04, 2008, 10:21:50 PM
CZUL,

Are you using RadarBox with an Internet connection, or is it stand-alone?
Title: Re: Radar Box Keeps Freezing
Post by: CZUL on July 04, 2008, 10:55:06 PM
Network is always off.
Title: Re: Radar Box Keeps Freezing
Post by: Allocator on July 05, 2008, 06:36:19 AM
Quote from: CZUL on July 04, 2008, 10:55:06 PM
Network is always off.


That wasn't my question.  Are you running RB with the PC connected to the Internet?

Deselecting "Get Flights from RadarBox Network" only stops Network aircraft showing on your display.  RB is still autopopulating your aircraft details from the internet and downloading aircraft photos etc.

If you are not connected to the Internet with your RB PC, have you deselected "Share Flight Data" in preferences?
Title: Re: Radar Box Keeps Freezing
Post by: AirNav Support on July 05, 2008, 12:10:22 PM
Hi CZUL,

The beta of 1.6 is in testing at the moment and as soon as some other items are rectified we may send you a test version to confirm its ok on your side.
Title: Re: Radar Box Keeps Freezing
Post by: CZUL on July 05, 2008, 05:36:47 PM
My first installation back in March had the Network function unchecked. I did this a week after installing it. This was the version that began to freeze up on me. I reinstalled yesterday but forgot to disable that function. So it was still crashing even with the SHARING in the off position.

Thanks
CZUL
Title: Re: Radar Box Keeps Freezing
Post by: Brisbane on July 11, 2008, 10:30:38 AM
Has anybody received the beta from AirNav? Tried installing but PC went haywire. Support does'nt have the time to go through it with me, so wonder if anybody could go through the install instructions step-by-step. M.T.I.A.
Title: Re: Radar Box Keeps Freezing
Post by: AirNav Support on July 11, 2008, 01:52:24 PM
Brisbane (Chris) - is no longer a beta tester.

We sent him a beta however he did not install correctly as supplied. This is a early beta and we needed users who were PC confident to install and give us feedback.

As suggested use the normal version.
Title: Re: Radar Box Keeps Freezing
Post by: AirNav Development on July 11, 2008, 02:42:06 PM
V1.6 beta is currently being tested by 6 users with great results. In some computers it is running non-stop for 15 days. It is just a .exe replacement (very simple to do).

Anyway we are so close to the release date that there is no point in having more beta-testers at this stage.