AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: corentin on July 05, 2023, 10:05:32 AM

Title: Raspberry Pi with rbfeeder and Airnav V6 windows software
Post by: corentin on July 05, 2023, 10:05:32 AM
Hello all,

I've installed and run rbfeeder on my RPi to feed data to Radarbox24 and it works fine.
But I would like to use the data feed from my RPi using rbfeeder with the Airnav Radarbox V6 software on a PC. I would like to do this but I haven't found any information about it... How do I configure the LAN network on the Rpi and PC side?

Thank you !
Title: Re: Raspberry Pi with rbfeeder and Airnav V6 windows software
Post by: Runway 31 on July 05, 2023, 01:16:50 PM
On file preferences you will find a tab which allows you to enter your home network settings

Alan
Title: Re: Raspberry Pi with rbfeeder and Airnav V6 windows software
Post by: corentin on July 05, 2023, 02:18:39 PM
I was thinking that the explanation could be a little more explicit... I didn't find other post on this subject.

But thank you,

Corentin
Title: Re: Raspberry Pi with rbfeeder and Airnav V6 windows software
Post by: Runway 31 on July 05, 2023, 03:54:59 PM
I dont use V6.00.003 so cant be any more explicit or show a screen shot of it but I searched the forum and found this thread which will assist you, see reply 6 from abcd  https://forum.radarbox24.com/index.php?topic=107021.msg545361#msg545361
Alan
Title: Re: Raspberry Pi with rbfeeder and Airnav V6 windows software
Post by: corentin on July 05, 2023, 07:22:08 PM
I do not understand because I configure well the ip of my raspberry into the software but it doesn't work. I configured the rbfeeder see below:

[client]
network_mode=false
log_file=/var/log/rbfeeder.log

key=****

sn=****

lat=****

lon=****

alt=****

[network]
mode=beast
external_port=30005
external_host=127.0.0.1

[mlat]
autostart_mlat=true
#mlat_cmd=/usr/bin/python3.9 /usr/bin/mlat-client

[dump978]
#dump978_enabled=false

I see my data on radarbox.com but not on the software...
Title: Re: Raspberry Pi with rbfeeder and Airnav V6 windows software
Post by: Runway 31 on July 05, 2023, 07:42:06 PM
Its alL beyond me then.  Either wait on abcd coming on and/or contact [email protected]

Alan
Title: Re: Raspberry Pi with rbfeeder and Airnav V6 windows software
Post by: abcd567 on July 06, 2023, 10:43:34 PM
Quote from: corentin on July 05, 2023, 07:22:08 PM
I do not understand because I configure well the ip of my raspberry into the software but it doesn't work. I configured the rbfeeder see below:

[client]
network_mode=false
log_file=/var/log/rbfeeder.log

key=****

sn=****

lat=****

lon=****

alt=****

[network]
mode=beast
external_port=30005
external_host=127.0.0.1

[mlat]
autostart_mlat=true
#mlat_cmd=/usr/bin/python3.9 /usr/bin/mlat-client

[dump978]
#dump978_enabled=false

I see my data on radarbox.com but not on the software...


(1) Your rb24feed.ini file settings are OK, if you have NOT installed any external decoder such as dump1090-fa, or dump1090-mutability, or readsb.

(2) You need to install AirNav Radarbox Software Ver 6.02.003.
The version 6.01 does NOT have facility to use data from rbfeeder on RPi. It requires a dongle to be plugged in into the PC.

(3) You Need to obtain another station number for AirNav Radar Box V6.02.003 if you already do not have it. The V6 accepts station numbers in the format EXTSHAxxxxxx or PGANRBxxxxxx. The RPi station numbers are in the format EXTRPIxxxxxx, and V6 software does NOT accept these.

To obtain a V6 compatible Station, download and install following software on your Windows PC.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/rb24/RB24DataShare120Setup.exe

After installation, login using Email and a password of your choice to generate the station number in format EXTSHAxxxx. Please see 2 screenshots attached below

(4) After generating this Station number, you can use the email and password (which you used on RadarBox24 DataSharer 1.20) on V6 to loggin and start. Without logging-in , V6 wont start.

(5) Make settings in V6.02.003 as shown in screenshots of following post:
https://forum.radarbox24.com/index.php?topic=107021.msg545361#msg545361