Hi
For some times I am sharing data for 2 networks.
1. AirNav Xrange
2. flightaware blue stick, on a RP device.
Both stations are connected to the same 1090 antenna using the Radarbox 1090 mhz splitter.
The flightaware sick always gives better results. More aircrafts and more distance, but what I see I lately doesn't make sense.
In the past few days, I can see that my Xrange RB give much worst results.
My Radarbox can detect 1 Aircraft in a 150+-nm range but is missing all the closer aircrafts on the same direction (that are detected in flightaware).
I can see only 2 aircrafts in my radarbox (both web and windows classic app), but more then 20 in my area.
I did try to reset the Xrange and flip the short antenna cables but no change.
Any ideas?
What did support suggest, if you have not contacted them I suggest you do
It may be something to do with time outs for example Airnav may clear them from the map soon after loosing them and FA may keep them for a while after loosing them. Hard to know from a distance
I wonder the respective time out settings
Alan
I sent an email to the support.
thanks
I wrote to the support early this week.
I got one flow up question and never heard from them again.
Disappointed.
I presume you answered the question
What is you sharer number
Alan
OfCourse, I answered.
pganrb400757
Support advises - we did ask him more questions but either he never got it or it went to spam
I suggest you look at your spam filter and contact support further
Not a lot of traffic around at this time to compare but comparing well with FR24
Alan
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
Rechecked
Nothing in my SPAM or INBOX.
Previous emails were received with no problem.
I asked them to resend
Looking OK although I note that RJA110 in front of the UAE disappeared. The UAE752 was followed right over the top of you but the RJA was lost a good bit out. Following RJA118 and WZZ8309 not seen so something not right. I see something on the ground at Paphos and something well to the west but missing the WZZ and RJA nearby
I notice when I zoom in the green coverage towards the sea green disappears, is there an obstruction to your north west which can block aircraft from the antenna?
Alan
Thanks.
I'll be waiting for their email.
Attached some screenshots.
My station vs the global reception + a screen shot from my FR24 flittered "my station" view. Both receivers are connected to the same antenna via the RadarBox 1090 Splitter.
Also attached one of the screens I have sent to the support.
Appreciate your effort to help.
Thanks
My antenna is 42 meters tall. I have clear view to the north/west but I am blocked by some building on the other side. So you can see I have nice range on one side.
My main complaint is that I can detect some aircrafts on 200+-NM, but on the same time and on the same direction, closer aircrafts are not detected sometimes (on similar altitude without nothing to block it on the way).
Until lastly, this was not the situation. I had good reception from the noth/west from all distances.
Another screenshot from now.
You can see my station detects 190nm +- 2 aircrafts but not the closer ones.
As I share my data and have a business account, I can off course enjoy the full coverage map without the be worried from my receiver quality performances.
But I do think that something is not as it should be with my receiver.
Thanks
Yes as I stated previously I noted that issue with the closer aircraft while watching your station and advised support the same, Support asked that you email them if you have not already done so as your address is no longer on their system
Alan
Hi
Thanks
Can I use any reference to this post or maybe you have any email I can contact beside the general support email?
Thanks
yes you can reference this thread and nope only contact
[email protected]Alan
Just a thought maybe the gain is needing adjusted
Higher the gain setting, you receive distant planes whose signal is very weak due to distance. However higher gain has a disadvantage that nearby planes, whose signal is strong, saturate the receiver and the plane is dropped by the receiver. It is a compromise between far away planes and nearby planes, and depends solely on the user's choice
I dont know if gain is adjustable on the xrange but basically gain setting is trial and error. Start gain setting at -10, observe for some period, then reduce to 49.6, again observe for some period, then again reduce to say 45 and again observe for some period, and so on till you get a value which gives best results.
Alan