AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: John1944 on August 24, 2023, 03:25:00 PM

Title: no aircraft showing
Post by: John1944 on August 24, 2023, 03:25:00 PM
on opening Airnav.Radarbox this morning , everything was working fine. after about 1 hour I noticed that the hardware box and network boxes were both showing yellow and the hardware message "checking hardware". I have all 3 light on the box behaving normally with the signal one flashing rapidly. could this be a fault with the airNav.radarbox as it is very old and I willneed to replace it.
Title: Re: no aircraft showing
Post by: Runway 31 on August 24, 2023, 08:38:57 PM
Try powering down and starting up again and see if its the same

Alan
Title: Re: no aircraft showing
Post by: John1944 on August 25, 2023, 08:52:34 AM
alan. Yes I tried 2 or 3 times yesterday, left it overnight and tried again this morning. Still the same symptoms. It looks like I will have to go for an Airnav Radarbox X range2. Is there a shop in thr UK that sell them or do I have to go through Amazon.
Title: Re: no aircraft showing
Post by: John1944 on August 25, 2023, 08:54:25 AM
Alan. the old box is 13 years old, so I think it has been a good buy.
Title: Re: no aircraft showing
Post by: Runway 31 on August 25, 2023, 09:41:56 AM
Yes, agreed John its lasted well

Before doing anything else try changing your USB cable

I would also suggest that you look at the Airnav Flightstick, its a lot cheaper than an xrange and works better than your old box and you can still use it with your existing V6 software, log in details etc

Alan