AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNavRadar.com FAQ => Topic started by: CGASZ on August 29, 2023, 03:22:08 PM

Title: Kafka Data Feed down
Post by: CGASZ on August 29, 2023, 03:22:08 PM
Our RadarBox adsb kafka server is down tracking feed has been down since 1300 UTC Aug 29.  No one has replied to our requests for help.  I think it must be a holiday week!  If there is anyone from AirNav Dev reading this, please be alerted.  Anyone else know who to call?  All numbers/emails unanswered so far.   

David Balcaen Skytrac/TrooTrax

KafkaError{code=_UNKNOWN_PARTITION,val=-190,str="Failed to get watermark offsets: Local: Unknown partition"}
Title: Re: Kafka Data Feed down
Post by: Runway 31 on August 29, 2023, 07:29:09 PM
What is a Kafka server, advise your email address and i will have them contact you

Alan
Title: Re: Kafka Data Feed down
Post by: CGASZ on August 29, 2023, 09:44:46 PM
Thanks for the reply.  I work for a service provider that consumes Radarbox data via api call.  Kafka is the database/delivery method at the end of the API.  We call for a list of aircraft, and they give us the tracking data.  We pay for the service.  It went down for some minutes this morning and I did not get their immediate responses.  We have a new mail server at work, and you guessed it, they went into the JUNK folder.  Arrrggghhh.  It is all fine now.  I was trying every which way to contact them, including here, as I did not see the reply until later today.  You can read about Kafka here:  https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/streams/
Title: Re: Kafka Data Feed down
Post by: CGASZ on August 29, 2023, 09:55:44 PM
C-GASZ is the little airplane I had for a number of years.  So sweet!  attached.  it is based out of CYXE, Saskatoon Saskatchewan.  Cessna 172N   Again, thank you Alan for noticing my post and "cry for help"
Title: Re: Kafka Data Feed down
Post by: Runway 31 on August 31, 2023, 05:27:48 PM
Thanks for that.  I emailed Joao Antunes and he advised that it was already fixed and told me about the reply going into your junk

C-GASZ is now in the database

Alan