Hi everybody,
Need some help to understand what is going on.
Have just come back from holiday and cannot get the box to see very far.
Before I went, everything was switched off. I started up this morning and all I can see with either of my portable and fixed outside antenna is about 10 miles around.
I have tried everything including re-installing the software. If I switch on the network,
I can see everything the network can see. Swich it off and I get 1 or 2 which are directly overhead. I am looking at the box as the cause, am I right????
TONY
Tony,
Did you disconnect your antenna whilst you were away?
As you have tried 2 different antenna's, it does sound like it might be a problem with the box. I'm assuming that your 2 antenna's are completely separate - no adaptor or cable that is used with both?
Where is your portable antenna located when you are testing with this?
Check your Advanced Filters to make sure you haven't got a range or height filter selected.
Allocator,
Yes, everthing was disconnected.
The 2 antenna are are seperate.
The portable is outside.
No filters are on.
It looks like the box is now the antenna with a very small coverage. (same on both antenna)
TONY
Tony,
Very strange that this happened while you were away. No idea what the problem is in this case as you've checked the obvious things.
You need to contact support direct at
[email protected] to discuss this further.
Allocator,
contacted support and box now on its way back for replacement.
Thanks for your help.
TONY
Tony,
I know that the AirNav replacement is fast, so you shouldn't be without your box for long :-)
Let us know when you are back on the air!
All the best
Allocator
Tony,
My RB has failed twice when connected to my outside antenna caused by electrostatic voltage build-up on the antenna. AirNav say that a small number of users have experienced this problem. If this is the cause of your failure then you might want to take precautions to prevent it happening again when you get your RB back from repair.
See this thread: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=977.0
What type of antenna are you using and how long have you used it before your RB failed?.
Jeff