AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: victorspotting on May 18, 2024, 09:58:52 PM

Title: E: Could not located the rbfeeder package
Post by: victorspotting on May 18, 2024, 09:58:52 PM
Hello everyone, I am having a lot of problems installing Radarbox and being able to provide it with data.

I have already tried 3 different operating systems (Ubuntu, Kali Linux and Raspberry) and all three give me the same error, I attach it in the screenshot.
I guess it's Radarbox's error, but if not, I hope someone can tell me how to solve it, I would be very grateful.
Title: Re: E: Could not located the rbfeeder package
Post by: abcd567 on May 19, 2024, 01:55:32 AM
What is the output of following 2 commands?

uname -m 

lsb_release -a   


Title: Re: E: Could not located the rbfeeder package
Post by: victorspotting on May 20, 2024, 09:59:31 AM
For "uname -m" is x86_64.

For "lsb_release -a" is the info of te Debian 11
Title: Re: E: Could not located the rbfeeder package
Post by: abcd567 on May 20, 2024, 12:31:59 PM
Quote from: victorspotting on May 20, 2024, 09:59:31 AM
For "uname -m" is x86_64.

For "lsb_release -a" is the info of te Debian 11

You are trying to install rbfeeder on a computer with architecture x86_64. Seems you have installed Raspberry Pi Desktop for PC and Mac (which is Debian 11) on a Laptop or Desktop. Please see screenshot attached below.

Unfortunately Radarbox24 does NOT provide their feeder package for the architectures x86_64 and i386.

Their packages are available only for armhf and arm64 i.e. for Raspberry Pi or similar.

Title: Re: E: Could not located the rbfeeder package
Post by: victorspotting on May 21, 2024, 08:48:28 PM
So what system could be implemented in a virtual machine compatible with armhf and arm64?
Title: Re: E: Could not located the rbfeeder package
Post by: abcd567 on May 21, 2024, 09:17:49 PM
On X86_64 and i386, following can be installlled:

Flightaware - dump1090-fa
Flightaware - dump978-fa
Flightaware - piaware
Flightradar24 - fr24feed
Planefinder - pfclient
Adsbexchange


On armhf and arm64, ALL above plus following can be installed:
Radarbox24 - rbfeeder
Radarbox24 - dump978-rb