I've been using my RadarBox setup for years, originally configured on a Windows 10 PC. Unfortunately, my PC developed a fault tonight, and despite my best efforts, I can't fix it (this issue has been building up for a while).
I have a spare Windows 11 mini laptop, so I decided to use it for my new setup. However, I'm running into a lot of trouble trying to get everything up and running. I remember having similar issues when I first set it up and getting help from support back then.
Could anyone guide me through the process of setting up my USB dongle? I'm feeling pretty lost and would greatly appreciate any advice.
This is the kit I am using although I can't find my original order https://www.amazon.co.uk/AirNav-Outdoor-Connector-RadarBox-FlightStick/dp/B07TZG3KMQ?ref_=ast_sto_dp
Chris
Attach the stick to a USB port
Then download and install the V6 software, make sure not to install to prograsm file loction, use something like c:\Airnav https://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB60002Setup.exe
Next download and install the drivers
https://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/Drivers/microRadarbox-Drivers-20150411.exe give them time to install, you should be advised when done
Start the V6 software and hopefully all will be ok
Alan
Hi,
I installed the Radarbox app and installed the drivers successfully and then plugged the USB stick in but it is showing as Bulk-In, Interface with the yellow exclamation mark icon and for some reason it has this twice. If I unplug the USB stick again these both go so it seems to be detecting the USB twice?
Here is a picture of the device page
Chris
Download and install the Zadig drivers from here https://zadig.akeo.ie/#google_vignette
If you need help, let me know
Alan
Hi,
I am still having a total nightmare with this.
I ended up buying a new PC in the hope I could just plug in the set up hard drive and just update to Windows 11 and not have these issues but sadly the new PC wouldn't boot the hard drive as it is Windows 10 (I think). I ended up with a new SSD and set up a fresh install of Windows 11. The PC is working excellently but sadly, there are still problems with this stick...
I don't think it is the Zadig as I have tried several different versions new and old and they all give the same result. When I plug the green Micro stick in to the USB port it shows in the device list as two devices both named Bulk-In, Interface. When I open Zadig it shows Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0) and Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 1).
If I select Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0) it says NONE with the arrow pointing to WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) so if I click Install Drive it updates the Bulk-In, Interface to this WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) driver which then removes the exclamation mark from the device list next to the devices. The issue is when I open the AirNav RadarBox app it isn't detecting the stick still and nowhere is it showing the stick named like it was on my old computer which was RTL2838UHIDIR.
It seems that Windows 11 must not like this stick for some reason and it isn't recognising it as it should.
Please help as I have now had an email saying my station has been off for 24 hours and I don't want to lose my plan with RadarBox. I have been trying lots to fix this but just can't.
Hi Chris
Since the forum address changed I have been unable to log in so have asked for this reply to be posted
With the stick inserted in a USB port open Zadig and click on Options/List all devices and you should then see the RTL2832UHIDIR device on the drop down list and you will then be able to install the drivers
--
Alan McKnight
Hi,
I have tried this but it doesn't list the stick as RTL2832UHIDIR it only shows as Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0) and Bulk-In Interface (Interface 1). It seems the stick only shows as Bulk-In Interface because when I remove the stick these two options vanish. I need to somehow change it from Bulk-In Interface to the RTL2832UHIDIR.
I've just received another reminder my station is offline after 2 days which I urgently need to fix.
A further update as I'm not sure if this helps understand the issue but I have tried this with a Windows 11 Home laptop which gave this result and then I decided to buy an MSI Cubi Mini PC and got the exact same result again so it seems to always happen with whatever computer that is Windows 11 Home. My previous computer which went faulty was running Windows 10 but Windows 10 was coming to the end of life also so I had to upgrade eventually and the fault forced my hand.
Chris
Dont worry about the remindewr once you start feeding again it will reset
I am typing this on a WIN 11 laptop and the stick is working fine and I presume the stick was working ok previously
Its quite hard giving advice when I cant see what is happenning at the other end!!
Make sure the stick is inserted, try another USB port. Run Zadig, click on Options then List all devices, go to the drop down list and it should list all USB items including the stick RTL2832UHIDIR click on it to highlight it. You will probably see other items like your webcam, bluetooth receiver etc If for some reason you cant see it click on one of the bulk interface ones and then click the install button and see if that helps
Alan
Hi,
I have tried this on different Windows 11 computers and have the same issue on any computer I try. The stick is showing as Bulk-In, Interface and not the RTL2832UHIDIR. The other items listed when I choose to list all are things like my Bluetooth. If I remove the tick from the USB port the Bulk-In, Interface items vanish so the stick is being listed as Bulk-In, Interface.
I have installed the Zadig drive for the Bulk-In and interface items and updated the drivers to WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385), as this is the only driver option. After updating this driver and restarting the computer, the app is still not finding the stick or listing it properly, so the computers are just not recognising the stick correctly.
Chris
Can you see the stick in Settings/Bluetooth & Devices
Alan
Hi,
The stick is only ever called Bulk-In, Interface and this shows up in the list but when I remove the stick this device vanishes so the stick is being called Bulk-In, Interface.
I purchased an SSD USB drive enclosure yesterday which has arrived today. I put my old Win 10 SSD in it and connected it to my new Win 11 PC and then tried to update the driver that way selecting the old SSD as the folder. The search occurred and was unsuccessful. The update shows Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device. This time however on that page it said the right name for the item but in the device list it is still called Bulk-In, Interface.
I've just also noticed some more weirdness... If I open the device list by right-clicking the Windows icon and opening the Devie List here it shows it named Bulk-In, Interface but I just opened the Settings page to connect a Bluetooth device and on there, it is listed as RTL2838UHIDIR. I restarted the computer and opened the AirNav app again but sadly still the app isn't detecting the stick and the normal device list is still showing Bulk-In, Interface.
This is driving me nuts.
Okay so I'm not entirely sure what I have done but I seem to have fixed it.
I uninstalled the drivers for the Bulk-In from the Device Manager page and also removed the RTL2832UHIDIR device which was listed on the Settings page under Devices. I then restarted the computer again and started up screen recording to show my steps to you. I then plugged the stick into the computer and waited for it to appear on both the Device Manager page and also the Settings page under Devices.
The device appeared on the Device Manager list as Bulk-In, Interface twice and in the Settings Device list as RTL2832UHIDIR with no driver. I then selected the first Bulk-In, Interface device and updated the driver from my old PC SSD which it scanned for ages and then encountered an issue. I then opened the Zadig again and installed the driver on the Bulk-In, Interface 0 which installed and then I decided to just try the AirNav app and randomly it detected the stick this time. I checked the Settings Device list and the driver was now showing installed on the RTL2832UHIDIR so it seems everything is now working...
It was a total fluke I managed to do this as I have been trying for days now.
My only issue now is I need the sharing app to share my DATA back to RadarBox.
Chris, glad it is now working, what is your station number?
Alan
Hi,
I have sent a DM with more info. Thank you for your help :)