AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: TGA388 on December 17, 2024, 06:55:11 PM

Title: Databse updates never seem to complete processing
Post by: TGA388 on December 17, 2024, 06:55:11 PM
Hi, I have noticed that when updating the database, the 'ac' table seems to be stuck on 'processing aircraft table' for hours. Eventually I abandon the update, so that I can shut the PC down. Is this normal for the process not to finish?
Title: Re: Databse updates never seem to complete processing
Post by: Runway 31 on December 17, 2024, 08:12:05 PM
Just downloaded and processed with no issues.  I believe you have a corrupt Navdata file, try deleting the last couple of update files then try again

Alan
Title: Re: Databse updates never seem to complete processing
Post by: TGA388 on December 17, 2024, 10:41:28 PM
Hi Alan, thanks for the reply, I have tried deleting the the last couple of downloaded data files and tried updating again, all fine up until the aircraft table processing begins, then it just hangs. Do I need to delete any particular files? I have one file (NAVData.db3) dated from 10/12/2024 and three files (V005.dat, MyLog.db3 & MyLog.db3-journal) dated 17/12/2024 that are still showing, should I delete these as well?
Title: Re: Databse updates never seem to complete processing
Post by: Runway 31 on December 18, 2024, 09:08:10 PM
  Dont delete mylog etc

In the radarbox/Data folder you should find the Navdata.db3 file and the last 10 updates downloaded, try deleting all these then try updating again

Alan
Title: Re: Databse updates never seem to complete processing
Post by: TGA388 on December 19, 2024, 09:42:46 AM
I tried deleting all the update files, but it has made no difference, I'm still experiencing the same problem. If I was to re-install the software, would I nedd to re-install the drivers for the USB Flightstick again, as I had a few problems getting the USB stick to be recognised when I initially installed the software when I purchased the laptop.

Thanks for all your assistance.
Title: Re: Databse updates never seem to complete processing
Post by: Runway 31 on December 19, 2024, 12:38:36 PM
I was going to suggest re-installing the software again, you will probably need to install the drivers as well

Alan
Title: Re: Databse updates never seem to complete processing
Post by: TGA388 on December 19, 2024, 12:54:57 PM
I thought that would be the case, I'll try that.

Thanks once again.

Update to above, I installed the ANRB software again, thankfully the drivers were kept on the system so there was no need to reinstall them. All working fine now, the update did its thing!

Thanks once again Alan, your assistance is always much appreciated.
Title: Re: Databse updates never seem to complete processing
Post by: Runway 31 on December 19, 2024, 04:48:01 PM
Just glad you got it working again, cheers

Alan