Hi
I have a problem perculiar to my system. When I switch off the screen (or use a display switch to switch to another PC), then come back to my PC with radarbox V6.01 or 02 the drop down menus are locked. The buttons are fine and the system is working. have to restart the software if I want the menus to work again.
I have installed the software on another Win11 machine (although without the drivers) and this works without issue.
So obviously a problem on my machine.
I've tried reinstalling to no avail. However, I note that it does not remove delete everything. So, when I install again it picks up details from previous install. Obviously, there are registry settings, services and files still lurking around.
As this is legacy software it is not supported by Airnav, their answer when asked some time ago was use the web front end. I had to explain to them that their web interface does not have features that I use in the legacy software, so is a no go.
After all that preamble my question, does anyone have directions to completely wipe the Radarbox software off a windows PC?
Thanks
Graham
PS I can live with this fault but it does have a high wind up quotient for me!!!
Graham
You noted the auto install leaves folder behind, manually delete these folders left behind. Also look for Airnav folders in in Prgram Files and Prgram files X86 and also manually delete these
You also state that you are changing screens, the issue could also lie there so are the graphics drivers up to date, I have 2 screens on my main computer and regularly change screens and dont have any issues so as you say it looks like something specific to your set up
Alan
looks like it's my graphics adaptor driver. Go back to Windows 11 Basic driver and all is ok. Reinstall the Intel Iris XE and immediately the menus hang when the monitor is switched off and on.
Most frustrating....
G
See if there is a driver update available for it
Alan
thanks however i continually update drivers so had the latest intel driver. I suspect there is some setting or feature that the RDB software doesn't pickup when the monitor switches on. It is only the RDB software that doesn't like this driver. SO for the moment using the basic Win 11 driver. It seems to work ok. Not using high intensive graphic apps or gaming so can live with it. But there is always this nag in the mack of my mind about it.
Sorry cant help any further Graham
Alan
yep. Not much can be done now that support has ended for this software
I have RB V6 working fine on W11 on 2 computers with no issues
Same as you with Intel Iris XE on my laptop and also Radeon on my main computer
Alan
Alan
Oh okay, good to know that the Iris driver works on your system. I tried uninstalling the Iris driver completely then started using the Windows basic driver and then reinstalling but the problem re surfaced immediately. Looks like somehow, I have introduced a config problem or file corruption that will be difficult to identify and fix short of wiping and installing Windows again (not ready for that right now!!!). So for now I will carry on with the Basic driver. Until such a time I need a better driver.
Thanks
G