AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Keeble on March 24, 2025, 12:38:49 AM

Title: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: Keeble on March 24, 2025, 12:38:49 AM
Hello! New to the radarbox feeding community! Just got my feeder setup and everything but the MLAT is not working for me.
Running sudo systemctl status rbfeeder comes up with Mar 23 20:33:33 adsb rbfeeder[812]: Sun Mar 23 20:33:33 2025 Connected to multilateration server at mlat1.rb24.com:40900, handshaking
Mar 23 20:33:34 adsb rbfeeder[812]: Sun Mar 23 20:33:34 2025 Lost connection to mlat1.rb24.com:40900
Mar 23 20:33:34 adsb rbfeeder[812]: Sun Mar 23 20:33:34 2025 Reconnecting in 30.0 seconds
I tried port forwarding in hopes that it would fix the issue, but I got nothing. Has anyone else had this issue? I run on an RPi and I have MLAT working for ADS-B Exchange, FR24 and Flightaware but RB refuses to connect for some odd reason.

Any help is appriciated, thanks!
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: Runway 31 on March 24, 2025, 09:31:24 AM
Can you post a copy of your RB ini file with your personal details redacted please to see if there is anything obvious there as quite often that is where issues lay

Alan
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: jovo0911 on March 24, 2025, 04:07:20 PM
Hey,

I've been having this issue for a while now. MLAT is running, but the website shows "MLAT active (No stations synced)." However, I can see in the overview that I have around 30,000 MLAT messages.

Station: EXTRPI000967

I've reached out to support, but I haven't received any response yet. 😡
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: Runway 31 on March 24, 2025, 09:22:39 PM
They try and respond within 24 hours, did you get an auto reply from them

Alan
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: Keeble on March 25, 2025, 02:19:28 AM
Quote from: Runway 31 on March 24, 2025, 09:31:24 AM
Can you post a copy of your RB ini file with your personal details redacted please to see if there is anything obvious there as quite often that is where issues lay

Alan
Sure here you go, I just added it to the attachements! I wasn't sure if the .ini would've been the issue but I suppose it still would've been worth adding.
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: jovo0911 on March 25, 2025, 07:55:26 AM
Quote from: Runway 31 on March 24, 2025, 09:22:39 PM
They try and respond within 24 hours, did you get an auto reply from them

Alan

@Runway 31: I use the Webformular, and no - no reply.
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: Runway 31 on March 25, 2025, 09:46:21 AM
jovo

I contacted support and they advise they have not received any contact with you.  They did advise that there is an issue with MLAT being displayed at this time and they are working to recify

Alan
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: Runway 31 on March 25, 2025, 04:20:27 PM
Keeble

I note you have no lat/lon showing on your ini file, add your exact lat/lon using Click here to Edit your location if you have not detailed your town/city or by clicking on EDIT next to your town/city on the line below your station number in the right hand grid on the station page if you have added the town/city details. MLAT requires your exact lat/lon to be detailed to work

Alan
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: Keeble on March 25, 2025, 08:56:25 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on March 25, 2025, 04:20:27 PM
Keeble

I note you have no lat/lon showing on your ini file, add your exact lat/lon using Click here to Edit your location if you have not detailed your town/city or by clicking on EDIT next to your town/city on the line below your station number in the right hand grid on the station page if you have added the town/city details. MLAT requires your exact lat/lon to be detailed to work

Alan
The lat long is in my .ini file, I just blanked it out cause I thought that would be apart of the sensitive info you were wanting me to get rid of. I provided a better photo of the ini file with everything included, just with the specifics blanked out. Sorry about that!
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: Runway 31 on March 25, 2025, 09:20:05 PM
I note that so far today you have had 2885 MLAT messages and you had some 6000 yesterday as well so MLAT is working to an extent

It will be something simple but my Linux knowledge is not so hot

What version of the Pi software are you using, bookworm?

Are you using RB's built in dump1090 or is it being fed from another service

what do you get if you issue this command  sudo ststemctl status rbfeeder

abcd1234 if you are around please help

Alan
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: Keeble on March 25, 2025, 09:35:43 PM
Yeah I am using bookworm. I'm not too sure what happened then. I guess suddenly it started to work? The MLAT not working message on the airnav website isn't showing either and the systemd status isn't saying MLAT is trying to reconnect over and over, So I suppose topic solved?

I'm just really confused how it fixed itself but I'm not complaining. (apologizes for anyone in the future who has the same issue and stumbles upon this thread)

I do appriciate the replies still, thank you!

Edit: to answer your other questions, I just use RBs dump1090. The systemctl is in the image provided below. Systemctl was always showing this, but it would just say that MLAT was losing connection and that it would retry after 30 seconds, now that message isn't there.
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: Runway 31 on March 26, 2025, 09:10:56 PM
No problem, just glad it has been sorted, there may have been an issue at the Airnav end thats been fixed that was causing it and nothing at all to do with anything on your system

Edit - Just been on your page and note that you are showing 11000 MLAT Messages so far today but you are not showing MLAT sync so there still appears to be issues.  Maybe it would be an idea to contact support and ask their advice

Alan
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: jovo0911 on March 29, 2025, 01:11:28 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on March 25, 2025, 09:46:21 AM
jovo

I contacted support and they advise they have not received any contact with you.  They did advise that there is an issue with MLAT being displayed at this time and they are working to recify

Alan

I send two times but ..... OK it's good to know that it was an issue and the work on it.

Jochen
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: jovo0911 on April 02, 2025, 03:30:27 PM
@Runway 31: Wooh they fixed the issue with 'mlat sync'! Great!



Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: Runway 31 on April 03, 2025, 11:34:53 AM
I knew they wouldget there!!

Alan
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: jovo0911 on April 04, 2025, 01:24:59 PM
👍
Title: Re: MLAT Losing connection/Won't connect
Post by: Kirill on February 02, 2026, 02:16:50 PM
Armbian v26.2 rolling
I have mistakes:
sudo apt install rbfeeder


Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
rbfeeder : Depends: libcurl4 (>= 7.16.2) but it is not installable
            Depends: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.12.0) but it is not installable
            Depends: librtlsdr0 (>= 0.6.0) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.