AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: arbitraryentity on July 29, 2025, 08:20:54 PM

Title: Rbfeeder intermittently showing red/yellow despite stable setup (Network + MLAT)
Post by: arbitraryentity on July 29, 2025, 08:20:54 PM
Hi folks,

I've been noticing that my RadarBox feed keeps flipping between red and yellow, even though the setup on my end is stable. This has been happening intermittently over the past few days, without any changes on my side.

Setup:Troubleshooting so far:
Attaching an image for reference. At this point, I'm just looking to understand what could be causing the disconnect or no data status from RadarBox. Anything else I should check or tweak?

Appreciate any tips.
Title: Re: Rbfeeder intermittently showing red/yellow despite stable setup (Network + MLAT)
Post by: pjm on July 30, 2025, 11:32:51 AM
Quote from: arbitraryentity on July 29, 2025, 08:20:54 PM
I've been noticing that my RadarBox feed keeps flipping between red and yellow, even though the setup on my end is stable. This has been happening intermittently over the past few days, without any changes on my side.


Same here, Its not your end, its something at Airnav's end...

Look at the rest of the feeders around you, and they will all be the same too...

Sometimes it will get fixed up when Airnav do some maintenance, or run some scripts...

(https://i.imgur.com/Lr4BlQE.jpeg)
Title: Re: Rbfeeder intermittently showing red/yellow despite stable setup (Network + MLAT)
Post by: G0TMX on July 30, 2025, 03:31:23 PM
Same here.. Really disappointing when you watch your stats going all over the place...
It's driven me crazy trying to figure out what I have done wrong - but all experience seems to point to "issues" at the server's end..
Does anyone from Air Nav monitor this Forum?
EXTRPI690931
Title: Re: Rbfeeder intermittently showing red/yellow despite stable setup (Network + MLAT)
Post by: Runway 31 on July 31, 2025, 03:04:34 PM
There are plenty of similar posts on the form

Airnav rarely look at the forum. contact [email protected].

There is nothing wrong at your end, its an issue with the script that runs the stats.

While it shows as yellow or red you are still online and sending traffic as you can see if you look at your station and see the aircraft you are picking up. 

I doubt if your position in the league table will be affected if that is a concern

Alan
Title: Re: Rbfeeder intermittently showing red/yellow despite stable setup (Network + MLAT)
Post by: ymm on July 31, 2025, 08:35:47 PM
I have contacted support regarding the same issue multiple times. No response from them besides the automated response "Ticket Received"... Maybe you have an alternate suggestion to get in touch?
Title: Re: Rbfeeder intermittently showing red/yellow despite stable setup (Network + MLAT)
Post by: Runway 31 on August 01, 2025, 11:37:33 AM
Its an issue they cant seem to fix.  Ignore what the stats show you.  You can easily see you are feeding just by seeing aircraft showing on your page

I am going to suggest that they do away with Stats it as it just causes to many concerns

Alan
Title: Re: Rbfeeder intermittently showing red/yellow despite stable setup (Network + MLAT)
Post by: arbitraryentity on August 01, 2025, 01:40:40 PM
It's reassuring to know there's something broken with the stats script and this isn't a problem unique to me.

I was genuinely considering disabling MLAT for RadarBox, thinking maybe running two MLAT clients (FlightAware and RadarBox) on the same system was somehow causing interference. Even though my latitude, longitude, and altitude are all correctly configured, I was starting to doubt that setup. But I suppose I'll just wait and watch for now.

I'd be lying if I said the position on the league table is not one the concerns. But obviously, making sure everything is solid on my end comes first. The whole point is to 'set and forget', not keep fiddling every few days.

Even the global top 10 feeders seem to be facing similar issues if you look closely. The weekly stats bar graphs look like traffic lights, but the overall uptime on the main screen still shows 100%, which makes the whole thing a bit misleading.
Title: Re: Rbfeeder intermittently showing red/yellow despite stable setup (Network + MLAT)
Post by: arbitraryentity on August 01, 2025, 02:55:51 PM
Update: There is definitely something wrong at the backend. Turns out I got an email this morning with the subject "Your AirNav Sharing station has been offline for the last 4 days"

The email body says "This email is a friendly reminder that your unit xxxxxxx has been offline for the last 6 hours. This means that we have not received any data from it since 2025-07-28 12:26:09"

None of this makes any sense - setting aside the obvious timeline mismatch between the subject and the email body. My unit has been up (with the intermittent red yellow issues), and the uptime on the website shows 97%.

I am now a 100% convinced these issues have got absolutely nothing to do with my setup.
Title: Re: Rbfeeder intermittently showing red/yellow despite stable setup (Network + MLAT)
Post by: Runway 31 on August 01, 2025, 05:23:02 PM
As stated its a script issue, nothing to do with anything at your end and nothing you can do to change anything.   Look at your map when it is showing red or yellow and you will still see your aircraft as normal.

Relax and enjoy your feed

Alan
Title: Re: Rbfeeder intermittently showing red/yellow despite stable setup (Network + MLAT)
Post by: R390A on August 02, 2025, 12:40:58 PM
Same issue here. Keep getting offline emails.  Here it shows data is being accepted but it says its been offline for 3 days.  May have to add AirNav Support emails to my spam list until this issue is resolved.
Title: Re: Rbfeeder intermittently showing red/yellow despite stable setup (Network + MLAT)
Post by: arbitraryentity on August 02, 2025, 03:03:05 PM
I don't think there's any point worrying about it like Runway31 said. This is very clearly a problem in the backend affecting a large number of users from the looks of it.

All my stats for the last week went green last evening on their own, only for yesterday to track red and yellow again.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the near future. Until then, as long as the feed seems okay from the equipment side, there's really nothing we can do.