AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Jez on July 17, 2008, 10:06:38 PM

Title: Network Data Volume?
Post by: Jez on July 17, 2008, 10:06:38 PM
Hi all,

Following the cancellation of my DC-3 flight to RIAT (damn British Summer weather!), I indulged in a bit of "retail therapy" on the weekend and bought myself a RadarBox. What a cool device! - well done to AirNav.

Anyway, I have a quick question - what kind of data volumes get transmitted over the internet by RB?

The reason why I ask is I've just 'upgraded' my internet connection, and I now have a 30Gb download / upload limit per month. I know RB is not going to be sending loads of data, but it would be worth working out how much of my allowance would be used if I left RB on 24/7.

Cheers

Jez
Title: Re: Network Data Volume?
Post by: tarbat on July 17, 2008, 10:36:27 PM
Back in March, I measured it at 220,000B/min, which works out at just under 9GB per month if run 24x7.  That's for uploading AND downloading all the network traffic.

See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=507.msg3767#msg3767 for a discussion on this.