Hi All,
Last month I did run Radarbox for two weeks in France. First I noticed that only hex codes with ads-b are send via port 7879. The second thing I noticed is that only hex codes with call signs are stored in the MyLog.db3. Is this correct or was it pure coincidence that I didn't log any hex codes without call signs?
Harry
Aircraft without callsigns should appear in MyLog.db3, but only in the "Aircraft" table, not in the "Flights" table. In the "Aircraft" table, you'll see the first and last date/time that you've detected that aircraft.
Without a callsign, RB can't identify each individual flight of that aircraft.
Harry,
All "live" aircraft received using your antenna will show up in MyLog, even if they don't have a callsign. They will also show even if they were not giving full ADS-B (position) information.
I'd be very suprised if you didn't get some aircraft without callsigns over a 2 week period.
If there is no callsign, you won't get any details in the lower window of MyLog, but all the aircraft will be there in the list in the top window.
Hi Tarbat, Allocator,
Thanks for your replies. I wrote a program that creates logs files over a certain period. The program did only check the Flights table. I will take a look at the Aircraft table too. So all the logs will end up in the Aircraft table and those with a callsign will also be written to the Flight table.
Again thanks.
Harry
Harry, you can join the Aircraft and Flights tables with SQL:
SELECT
Aircraft.Comment,
Aircraft.LastTime,
Aircraft.FirstTime,
Aircraft.AircraftTypeLong,
Aircraft.AircraftTypeSmall,
Aircraft.Airline,
Aircraft.ModeS,
Aircraft.ModeSCountry,
Aircraft.Registration,
Flights.Route,
Flights.Callsign,
Flights.EndTime,
Flights.ModeS,
Flights.MsgCount,
Flights.Registration,
Flights.Session,
Flights.StartTime
FROM
Aircraft
LEFT OUTER JOIN Flights ON (Aircraft.ModeS=Flights.ModeS)
Hi Tarbat,
Thanks for your query. I will test this at home.
As far as I can see now I only have to use the Aircraft.Lasttime, the Aircraft.Modes and Flights.Callsign to get my output right. (Hex, Date, Time, Callsign)
Harry
Quote from: tarbat on July 22, 2008, 09:25:30 AM
Harry, you can join the Aircraft and Flights tables with SQL:
SELECT
Aircraft.Comment,
Aircraft.LastTime,
Aircraft.FirstTime,
Aircraft.AircraftTypeLong,
Aircraft.AircraftTypeSmall,
Aircraft.Airline,
Aircraft.ModeS,
Aircraft.ModeSCountry,
Aircraft.Registration,
Flights.Route,
Flights.Callsign,
Flights.EndTime,
Flights.ModeS,
Flights.MsgCount,
Flights.Registration,
Flights.Session,
Flights.StartTime
FROM
Aircraft
LEFT OUTER JOIN Flights ON (Aircraft.ModeS=Flights.ModeS)
Hi Tarbat, Allocator,
Again thanks for your replies. The program now also show the hex codes without a call sign.
Harry