AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Deadcalm on July 28, 2008, 10:25:57 AM

Title: Database route discrepancies
Post by: Deadcalm on July 28, 2008, 10:25:57 AM
I know there's a new version due, with a newer database, but I'm still intrigued as to why this keeps occurring:

I'm watching RYR1756 (live traffic, not network), which, on the map displays it's departure point as EIDW, and destination as EGNX.  It should be EGNX - LEVC, which is shown in the RadarBox database.
So, why the discrepancy?  This happens quite often with various flights.
Is the display information taken from the RadarBox database on my computer, or from elsewhere?

DC
Title: Re: Database route discrepancies
Post by: AirNav Support on July 28, 2008, 10:30:29 AM
Did you change the route in the dabatase?
Title: Re: Database route discrepancies
Post by: Deadcalm on July 28, 2008, 11:15:52 AM
No, I've changed nothing. Just had a look at the database entry for that aircraft, that's all.

DC
Title: Re: Database route discrepancies
Post by: Allocator on July 28, 2008, 11:44:52 AM
There is an earlier thread about this anomaly.  I can't remember the details, but I'm sure it's something to do with the route not updating when the aircraft is picked up on its next leg.  When the aircraft was first picked up, it would have been routing EIDW-EGNX which is correct.

However, on climbout from EGNX en route to LEVC, RB hasn't updated the route display.
Title: Re: Database route discrepancies
Post by: Deadcalm on July 28, 2008, 07:48:37 PM
Here's another - RYR3844 EGSS - LERS, correct in the RadarBox database, but wrong on the radar map...

DC

Title: Re: Database route discrepancies
Post by: Roadrunner on July 29, 2008, 08:51:43 AM
Quote from: Allocator on July 28, 2008, 11:44:52 AM

However, on climbout from EGNX en route to LEVC, RB hasn't updated the route display.

Just a point - Is it RB that has not updated or did the crew fail to update the flight number on their on-board equipment. If that is the case nothing will make it right - short of sacking the crew :-)
Title: Re: Database route discrepancies
Post by: Deadcalm on July 29, 2008, 09:38:15 AM
Hardly - for a given flight number, the route in the RadarBox database appears correct, but the wrong route is displayed on the map interface.  This goes back to an earlier thread I posted on the subject of exactly what is the crew responsible for inputting, and what is airframe-automatic from an ADS-B point of view.

If the crew merely input the flight number, I would expect the RadarBox software to correctly interpret the route from its database, and display it with the other flight details on the radar map.

I often hear RT transmissions from a flight which is obviously identifying on ADS-B with the wrong callsign, and this I do put down to crew input error.

But this is not the case with a number of flights on a daily basis - it also seems random.

What would be useful, is instead of hovering the mouse over a target to highlight it, left-click - which could also give an opportunity to refresh the target (perhaps with a double-click) in case the software is lagging.

DC