AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: anorak on December 26, 2017, 02:52:16 PM

Title: RB24 web site.
Post by: anorak on December 26, 2017, 02:52:16 PM
Happy Christmas to you All.
Too much time on my hands so a little house keeping.
1) I get this message if I try to go into the forum via the web site;
An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

2) My present location is always in the middle 0f Bury St Edmunds, Lovely place, went there with a friend from my entry at Halton who was on "Shiney 12", but haven`t been back since.

3) On opening the web site the advert for Spaced based ADS-B keeps appearing, the news items don`t update and I have to keep changing the designators back. Would still running Vista be anything to do with it, as it is not supported any more?

4) Laptop has started to blue screen because it over heats, so a script for Raspberry Pi soon would save me a lot of money please.

Wishing you ALL a happy, peaceful and prosperous new year,   Dave.
Title: Re: RB24 web site.
Post by: Runway 31 on December 26, 2017, 03:26:13 PM
Hi Dave,

I get the same message for 1 but if you click Airnav Forum on the error page it take you to the forum.  I will report it to the Developer.

Advise me of your location and I will change it, assume you have the correct location entered via Preferences

Yes the advert for Space Based ADS-B is annoying, I will see if the Developer can get rid of it.  If you press the X on the advert you can get rid of it.  The designators only stay for each session again its an annoyance and I will see if the Developer can change it to stay once set.

I thought there was a feeder for a Raspberry Pi as there are plenty feeding

Alan
Title: Re: RB24 web site.
Post by: abcd567 on December 26, 2017, 05:17:00 PM
Quote from: anorak on December 26, 2017, 02:52:16 PM

4) Laptop has started to blue screen because it over heats, so a script for Raspberry Pi soon would save me a lot of money please.


There is no "script" available to feed RB24 from RPi.
However there is a feeder software for RPI, which was released in April 2017.
Lot of people (including me) use it.
Please see my RPi Station http://radarbox24.com/stations/EXTRPI000043

Here are instructions how to install it on RPi running OS Raspbian:

https://www.radarbox24.com/raspberry-pi/guide


.
Title: Re: RB24 web site.
Post by: Runway 31 on December 26, 2017, 08:25:39 PM
Dave

https://www.radarbox24.com/raspberry-pi

Alan
Title: Re: RB24 web site.
Post by: anorak on December 26, 2017, 11:08:37 PM
Evening Alan and abcd567, I am also feeding via a R-Pi but would like to run the "box" through a Pi. Home location set in preferences and on the stations on my account, 51.0193 / -3.8305 .
Thanks for your help over the years, Dave.
Title: Re: RB24 web site.
Post by: Runway 31 on December 27, 2017, 08:41:32 AM
Dave,

I believe you would need to use a dongle rather than the box to feed with the Pi
What is your box PGANRB number to allow me to find it on RB24 and  I will change your location.

Alan
Title: Re: RB24 web site.
Post by: anorak on December 28, 2017, 10:00:40 AM
Morning Alan, Pi set up running fine with dongle, PGANRB100995, with a tired laptop the box isn`t on much these days so was hoping that a script to run it through a RPi would become available.
All the best, Dave.
Title: Re: RB24 web site.
Post by: anorak on December 28, 2017, 10:55:08 AM
Alan have you changed it already, as it now centres in the right place.
Thanks.
Title: Re: RB24 web site.
Post by: Runway 31 on December 28, 2017, 05:33:59 PM
Never touched it Dave, just back in after being out all day at golf but can confirm it is showing the correct location

Alan