Another suggestion for a future enhancement. Display the silhouette of each aircraft in the aircraft list, to aid quick identification of the type of aircraft.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3247/2741794210_384ce3bdf5.jpg) (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3247/2741794210_0ca508a71c_o.jpg)
More examples of silhouettes can be seen at http://www.sbsbst.co.uk/iank/
I also like this !
Tarbat,
how do you put the silhouettes in RB?
Ths.
Cheers.
Miguel
You cheat and use Paint Shop?
I think that tarbat has created this to show how it might look, either that or he's even cleverer than we all think :-)
I cheated and used MS Paint, to give an idea of what it could look like. Inspired by work done by the SBS-1 community. I wish I was more clever!! Although, who knows what might be in the next release ;)
We have just finished adding this feature to V1.6. Work never stops at AirNav Systems.
The Silhouette feature is finished!
[attachment deleted by admin]
now that what I call amazing!
Note to AirNav Development. Before you release this feature, you need to cleanup the aircraft database, there's a LOT of aircraft with ICAOType ="...". I've corrected all the "..." types in my NavData database, but more keep on getting added from your central database. For example:
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3101/2771020182_040c881fa7_o.jpg)
A re-populate from GAS for all those with ICAOType ="..." should fix this:
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3124/2770288411_725786b843_t.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/2770288411/sizes/o/)
looking forward to this new feature:-)