AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Wayne on August 20, 2008, 08:36:21 PM

Title: Hardware and Network Connection
Post by: Wayne on August 20, 2008, 08:36:21 PM
I have noticed that when I start RB now the Hardware indicator in the footer of the My Flights list goes yellow and outputs the message 'Checking Hardware' which invariably ends in a message 'Hardware Connected' and only at that point RB populates the My Flights list and displays aircraft on the map.

Is this how it should be now ? I don't ever remember this happening before and I always leave the box itself plugged in, never disconnect the USB

Title: Re: Hardware and Network Connection
Post by: AirNav Support on August 20, 2008, 09:05:31 PM
This normal, without the hardware we do not allow access to network etc..

No need to worry.
Title: Re: Hardware and Network Connection
Post by: GlynH on August 21, 2008, 04:52:19 AM
I think what Wayne means is it seems to take a lot longer for the software to see the RB hardware is connected compared to 2008?

I say this because I see the same thing...never noticed the yellow icon before - in 2008 it used to go green straight away...

Now it appears to have to look a lot longer to find the hardware...

Not really an issue just curious as to why the delay?

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Title: Re: Hardware and Network Connection
Post by: Wayne on August 21, 2008, 07:49:21 AM
Yes that's exactly right Glyn. It doesn't cause me a problem but there is a lengthy pause before the application displays any flights or lists any flights. It never did happen before as you say the indicator was always green

Wayne
Title: Re: Hardware and Network Connection
Post by: AirNav Support on August 21, 2008, 11:38:58 AM
It should not be too long, the only difference is now if you have network ticked it downloads the network before populating the MyFlights thats probally what you have noticed.