AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Bethsalem on August 23, 2008, 08:10:52 AM

Title: Possible emergency?
Post by: Bethsalem on August 23, 2008, 08:10:52 AM
I'm looking at a Virgin Atlantic 747 (G-VFAB) VIR20 over the Irish Sea showing a squawk of 7700.  Can anyone confirm the squawk as 7700?  It's now gone over to squawk 5032, but it was showing 7700 on my screen for about 15 mins.  I've just visually sighted it flying over my house and all looks well.
Title: Re: Possible emergency?
Post by: Really on August 23, 2008, 12:33:12 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7578428.stm

Although VIR20 is listed as SFO - LHR so I don't know
Title: Re: Possible emergency?
Post by: Roadrunner on August 23, 2008, 05:21:53 PM
The article says VIR29 :-(
Title: Re: Possible emergency?
Post by: Really on August 23, 2008, 06:41:31 PM
Huge coincidence though surely
Title: Re: Possible emergency?
Post by: mt007 on August 23, 2008, 07:48:20 PM
7700 is emergency squawk.
regards.
Title: Re: Possible emergency?
Post by: Bethsalem on August 24, 2008, 11:45:34 AM
I'm watching a Brussels Airline A319 (Mode S 44CE70) making a very rapid descent (6350ft/min) into Brussels airport  on squawk 7600 (radio failure).
Title: Re: Possible emergency?
Post by: AirNav Support on August 24, 2008, 12:15:57 PM
The network now has squawk with RadarBox 2009 so it will be interesting to setup a network alert to watch these emergency squawks.
Title: Re: Possible emergency?
Post by: testmonkey on August 24, 2008, 02:09:37 PM
Blimey Bethsalem, another spot, your making me nervous now!

Remind me to tell you next time I'm flying so you can switch off your RB during the duration of my flight ;)