AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Storm on August 24, 2008, 11:02:42 PM

Title: Clear blind-spot?
Post by: Storm on August 24, 2008, 11:02:42 PM
I can see 4 aircraft flying to my east from the door of my house. My antenna is 40 meters above ground, yet my RB does not show those planes. I dont get it? They are right there! in its line-of-sight???

The polar diagram shows that that area is dead.
Title: Re: Clear blind-spot?
Post by: AirNav Support on August 24, 2008, 11:27:12 PM
I assume you already know about Mode-S aircraft not being displayed on the map :)

- Do you have the ocean in the area?
- Any Transmitters that you can see in that area?
Title: Re: Clear blind-spot?
Post by: Storm on August 24, 2008, 11:41:22 PM
That airway is over a gulf yes. However I can see them on the RB once they are past a certain point (more north along the airway) and I can see them visually to. Its just that I can see them well south of when the RB displays it. If I can see them visually why wont the RB? Well it would just later along the route, about 10-15 minutes later.

No transmitters in that area that I know of.
Title: Re: Clear blind-spot?
Post by: AirNav Support on August 25, 2008, 12:01:26 AM
A few customers living next to a coast have noticed something similar. It has nothing to do with RadarBox but to do with bouncing signals and how sea can have an affect of bouncing signals away or distorting them.

Either that or there are certain transmitters in that area which may be affecting your reception towards that area.
Title: Re: Clear blind-spot?
Post by: Storm on August 25, 2008, 12:05:40 AM
The thing is I used to seem them fine on my old SBS-1.

I'll investigate the area towards that area for a transmitter or something.