AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: AN-NL on August 28, 2008, 07:27:00 PM

Title: Jeppeson Chart in RB2009
Post by: AN-NL on August 28, 2008, 07:27:00 PM
Here a sample of a part of the Jeppesen aeronautical chart projected in RB:

(http://www.sbs-1.nl/images/AirNav%20RadarBox%202009%20Shot%20at%2020080828%201911%20UTC.gif)

How?
1. Create a satellite map in RB
2. Measure the LAT/LONG from the 4 corners of that satellite map
3. Scan a chart covering at least the area covered by the sat map
4. Crop the scanned chart to exactly the same coordinates
5. Save this as JPG in the satellite folder in RB with exactly the same name as the satellite map
READY.
Title: Re: Jeppeson Chart in RB2009
Post by: AirNav Support on August 28, 2008, 08:35:20 PM
Looks good :)
Title: Re: Jeppeson Chart in RB2009
Post by: Allocator on August 31, 2008, 09:57:26 AM
Quote from: AirNav Support on August 28, 2008, 08:35:20 PM
Looks good :)

Support,

If you could let us know how the satellite layer co-ordinates work, or produce a small utility program that gives the co-ordinates from lat/lon, then producing overlays like the one above would be much easier.

I see a whole new thread developing with users custom map layers :-)
Title: Re: Jeppeson Chart in RB2009
Post by: belgianguy on August 31, 2008, 03:03:06 PM
Would be very interested in such a tool.
I already tried out something with google satellite pictures:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1318.0

It would be nice to produce new maps on a more easy way then we have to do now.
Title: Re: Jeppeson Chart in RB2009
Post by: dumpty on August 31, 2008, 04:02:42 PM
That looks superb belgianguy.I wish there was an easy way for us "less gifted" members of the forum to do such a thing 8-(.
Title: Re: Jeppeson Chart in RB2009
Post by: bailey_uk on August 31, 2008, 05:05:10 PM
Im with dumpty! hehe

I'd be interested in layering an OS map as I live in the Lakes (do the seach and rescute helecopters transmit there position? Now that would be interesting!
Title: Re: Jeppeson Chart in RB2009
Post by: tarbat on August 31, 2008, 05:11:26 PM
Quote from: dumpty on August 31, 2008, 04:02:42 PMThat looks superb belgianguy.I wish there was an easy way for us "less gifted" members of the forum to do such a thing 8-(.

Have you tried the process I outlined at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1294.msg9794#msg9794

In the meantime, I'm researching map co-ord systems to see if I can work out what Airnav use in their STL files.  Come on Airnav, let us know what the numbers mean!!
-36683624   299882428   32393074   18619104
Title: Re: Jeppeson Chart in RB2009
Post by: Bethsalem on August 31, 2008, 11:22:08 PM
Quote from: Allocator on August 31, 2008, 09:57:26 AM
Quote from: AirNav Support on August 28, 2008, 08:35:20 PM
Looks good :)

Support,

If you could let us know how the satellite layer co-ordinates work, or produce a small utility program that gives the co-ordinates from lat/lon, then producing overlays like the one above would be much easier.

I see a whole new thread developing with users custom map layers :-)

An add-on which takes the hassle out of producing new maps would be very desirable.