AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: jagman on August 29, 2008, 09:37:45 AM

Title: Thinking of purchasing Radarbox
Post by: jagman on August 29, 2008, 09:37:45 AM
Hello,
I'm thinking of purchasing Radarbox as it seems the most comprehensive package.
Before I do, could somebody confirm that the way I need to run it will work please?

I'll have the receiver connected to a server I run elsewhere in the house as it is noisy. This will mean however that it can share 24x7.
Can I view the traffic and run the client software on a different computer in the house without the 5 minute lag on the traffic?
I could run VNC or similar and look at the software on the server remotely but I'd rather not owing to the load.

Many thanks.
Title: Re: Thinking of purchasing Radarbox
Post by: DaveG on August 29, 2008, 09:42:25 AM
Rather than us VNC why not just remote desktop into the server, much better.
Title: Re: Thinking of purchasing Radarbox
Post by: jagman on August 29, 2008, 09:55:13 AM
Hi Dave, thanks for the quick reply.
I could but it opens up a whole load of issues regarding access to the server I run - firewalling, passwords and VPNs.
This will however be plan 'B' if I can't run it the way I was hoping.
Cheers.
Title: Re: Thinking of purchasing Radarbox
Post by: Allocator on August 31, 2008, 09:54:07 AM
Jagman,

I run a USB extender that uses standard Cat 5 network cable.  This allows the RadarBox hardware (receiver) to be up to 46m away from the PC running the software.  See this FAQ for more information.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=635.0