Just to show you guys how special you are in terms of being at the cutting edge of ADS-B usage.
http://www.eurocontrol.int/cascade/public/standard_page/ads_b_ao.html
Our network stations map looks better than theirs, we should help them out :)
http://www.eurocontrol.int/cascade/public/standard_page/ads_b_sites.html
Our network locations (in real-time) are here:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/network.php
148 sharing stations right now.
But how about having a network locations map like this!!!
http://www.eurocontrol.int/cascade/gallery/content/public/images/Lucy.jpg
That Looks good too but ours has more stations. :-)
Excellent picture, Tarbat - go on - tell us how you did it!
Rod
Quote from: RodBearden on August 30, 2008, 03:27:15 PM
Excellent picture, Tarbat - go on - tell us how you did it!
Rod
Do tell...
Tarbat didn't make it, its Eurocontrols program :)
QuoteQuote from: AirNav Development on August 30, 2008, 03:20:59 PM
That Looks good too but ours has more stations. :-)
Yes, but its hopelessly inaccurate...
DC
Its not meant to be accurate Deadcalm as I am sure you are already aware.
Excuse my ignorance becaue I may have missed the point here but what is the point of a map if it isn't accurate?
Regards,
-=Glyn=-
The Real-Time Network Location Map is mainly there just to give an idea of what the coverage is like on the network.
If you start RB and tick the network you can see the coverage accurately for yourself but this more aimed towards customers who are looking to buy. We get lots of emails asking questions like "is there another RB in my country" or "does the network cover my fave airport Heathrow?" and we point them to the map saying this is an estimation.
OK I understand what you are saying but I just took a look at your map and I see no flag for miles around my location (where are you testmonkey?) despite using IP-adress.com to trace my static IP address to Banbury. The fact that it shows me living in a tree is not a bad thing as I wouldn't really want to be located with pinpoint accuracy for obvious reasons.
Terry who is also in Banbury was worried at the outset that someone would locate the road he was in, spot his antenna and come calling when no-one was home.
Me, I had difficulty enough drilling down to find the UK let alone Banbury on the location map...
He needn't have worried as when I checked for his peace of mind his dynamic IP address resolved to Bristol.
Then Oldham. Then Doncaster. Then Wigan.
Now if I was a prospective customer I might feel a little disappointed after seeing my 'estimated' area of interest covered on your map and finding out afterwards that there may be no-one near.
It looks good though! ;^)
Regards,
-=Glyn=-
Quote from: GlynH on August 31, 2008, 01:57:56 AM
where are you testmonkey?
I'm in Leamington Glyn but my IP resolves to Bedford.
I suppose as far as the UK goes then if you're viewing the map 'with coverage turned on' you'll be happy with what you see it's only when looking at other parts of the world that potential buyers may have some concerns.
To bring the thread back on topic regarding the Eurocontrol map then yes the RB coverage does look good :)