AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: John Racars on September 03, 2008, 02:35:47 PM

Title: AirNav 2.0
Post by: John Racars on September 03, 2008, 02:35:47 PM
Hello All,

Today I installed the update (1.5 to 2.0). It is striking to me that starting the application takes about 5 minutes. I do no not know of this is normal. It is an observation only.

But most important: all looks working well but: the flights DOES NOT appear on my maps. What should I have to do to get the flights on my maps?

Any help will be most appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Title: Re: AirNav 2.0
Post by: Storm on September 03, 2008, 03:04:42 PM
What do you mean flights do not appear on the maps? You don't see any flights on the map? Did you check your filters? Is the ANRB connected?
Title: Re: AirNav 2.0
Post by: AirNav Support on September 03, 2008, 03:13:38 PM
Yes give us further details about what you mean about the flights.

I assume you also running AVG Anti virus:

Go to Tools -> Advanced Settings -> Execptions (under Resident Sheild) -> Add path -> Enter your path to AirNav Systems which is usually:

C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\

(Location may be differen if using Vista)

Then click apply and run RadarBox 2009 and tell us whether it works.
Title: Re: AirNav 2.0
Post by: John Racars on September 03, 2008, 03:29:42 PM
Hi Storm, Hi AirNav Support,

@Storm: You see it right; no flights on the map and, ofcourse, the RB is connected. Flight's are "normal" to see on the "my log list". I have no filters working. I have nothing changed on my configuration anyway since I used version 1.5 and updated this today.

@AirNav Support: I am not running AVG but Norton 360.

Thank you anyway for your fast reactions. I am still looking what there can be wrong in my settings but found nothing until sofar.
Title: Re: AirNav 2.0
Post by: AirNav Support on September 03, 2008, 03:37:01 PM
Uinstall and install the Full version not the upgrade.

Norton might need to be told to add an exception to that folder as well.
Title: Re: AirNav 2.0
Post by: John Racars on September 03, 2008, 04:16:02 PM
Hi Support,

I did as you told (with the exception "telling" Norton) and all looks much better! The application starts within a minute and the flights are back on the maps again!

But now there is (again) a route-problem. I see that all my routes I added in version 1.5 are gone. But I have made a data-backup before installing the upgrade.

May I restore the databackup from version 1.5 into version 2.0 so that I can see all the by myself added route information?