AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Harry on September 07, 2008, 06:38:04 AM

Title: Not much military hits from the alert function?
Post by: Harry on September 07, 2008, 06:38:04 AM
Hi All,

Since a few days I'm running the alert function. I switched on the network option. I filter the following codes:
31F*,320*,33F*,353*,354*,355*,356*,357*,3AA*,3B*,43C*,44F*,457*,467*,4680*,4681*,4682*,480*,488*,497*,71F*,761*,7CF*,adf*,ae*,c2*,C82*
All the logs that are received are sent to http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/RadarBoxAlertLogs.php (http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/RadarBoxAlertLogs.php) .

I don't know how many of the Radarbox users share their data, but the alert logs I collected until now seems a bit low (30 per day). Are there more users filtering only the military codes and how much do you see per day?

Harry
Title: Re: Not much militarty hits from the alert function?
Post by: AirNav Support on September 07, 2008, 11:34:11 AM
Remember that a lot of military aircraft are not ADS-B enabled hence they won't be shown on the network.
Title: Re: Not much military hits from the alert function?
Post by: Harry on September 07, 2008, 11:47:03 AM
Quote from: AirNav Support on September 07, 2008, 11:34:11 AM
Remember that a lot of military aircraft are not ADS-B enabled hence they won't be shown on the network.

Thanks! I didn't know that!.

Harry
Title: Re: Not much military hits from the alert function?
Post by: Harry on September 11, 2008, 12:41:26 PM
Quote from: AirNav Support on September 07, 2008, 11:34:11 AM
Remember that a lot of military aircraft are not ADS-B enabled hence they won't be shown on the network.
It seems that ADS-B doesn't have to be on to make it to the network. I just logged a Dutch F-16 which didn't make it to the screen. Does this make any sense?

Harry
Title: Re: Not much military hits from the alert function?
Post by: Allocator on September 11, 2008, 12:51:07 PM
Are you sure it was Network traffic.  I've picked up a Dutch F16 in the live MyFlights aircraft list as I do many military aircraft. They won't appear on the map or in the Network list though.
Title: Re: Not much military hits from the alert function?
Post by: Harry on September 11, 2008, 12:57:57 PM
Quote from: Allocator on September 11, 2008, 12:51:07 PM
Are you sure it was Network traffic.  I've picked up a Dutch F16 in the live MyFlights aircraft list as I do many military aircraft. They won't appear on the map or in the Network list though.
Allocator,

I didn't have that many hours of sleep the last few days....... sorry. Didn't realise about my own logs.....

Harry