AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Johnn on September 20, 2008, 06:05:50 PM

Title: What Antenna Do I Need For A External Antenna , (More Info In Desc)
Post by: Johnn on September 20, 2008, 06:05:50 PM
I want to have a antenna outside , but is it true that the more Wire I use the less signal of something?

Also what antenna would be suitable to use for the box?

Thanks
Title: Re: What Antenna Do I Need For A External Antenna , (More Info In Desc)
Post by: PEPITO on September 20, 2008, 06:23:31 PM
Hi,
I am testing this equipment from LEPA in Majorca and things look very good.
Yes I suppose that more cable you use the more noise you will get.
I am using 20m of cable and things look prety good.


GP-1090 Antenna
1m low loss cable Ecoflex-10 with N connectors
Mast pre-amplifier AS-1090
20m low loss cable Ecoflex-10 with N connectors
AS-1090BT Bias-T for DC-Feed
1m Cable BNC/SMA

Got it from WIMO.com
Title: Re: What Antenna Do I Need For A External Antenna , (More Info In Desc)
Post by: CoastGuardJon on September 20, 2008, 06:27:15 PM
Hi John, I'm not RB equipped yet and a newbie, but have been into radio for 50 years.   Every metre of co-ax reduces/degrades the signal somewhat - the better the quality (and bigger diameter) the less degradation.   There's several topics on the go in here, including this one

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1445.0

which address some of your queries.