AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: lambertw on October 03, 2008, 03:00:21 PM

Title: Alerts
Post by: lambertw on October 03, 2008, 03:00:21 PM
Why is it that when I enter a regisration code into alerts I start getting alert messages that do not match what I have entered.
Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: Allocator on October 03, 2008, 04:31:45 PM
Quote from: lambertw on October 03, 2008, 03:00:21 PM
Why is it that when I enter a regisration code into alerts I start getting alert messages that do not match what I have entered.

What code are you entering exactly and where are you entering it?

Are you using wild cards "*" in the search?

Do you have anything in any of the other boxes and are any of the other search tick boxes ticked?
Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: lambertw on October 03, 2008, 05:05:19 PM
I have G-NMID entered and nothing else in other boxs,the pop up says,recieved registration with only somtimes flight id and or position report.
Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: Allocator on October 03, 2008, 05:15:12 PM
OK, so you are getting the correct alerts for G-NMID but you are not always getting all the details in the pop-up box?

What version of RadarBox are you using?  The latest version is RadarBox 2009.
Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: lambertw on October 03, 2008, 05:16:08 PM
oops sorry I had A380 in aircraft box, but not ticked,only when I remove this and only leave in the G-NMID registration in and ticked do things seem to be ok ?.is this normal.
Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: lambertw on October 03, 2008, 05:17:19 PM
yes the latest version.
Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: lambertw on October 03, 2008, 05:19:42 PM
the alert positions are coming from other parts of the world.
Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: Allocator on October 03, 2008, 05:29:20 PM
Quote from: lambertw on October 03, 2008, 05:16:08 PM
oops sorry I had A380 in aircraft box, but not ticked,only when I remove this and only leave in the G-NMID registration in and ticked do things seem to be ok ?.is this normal.

If you have other search items in other boxes but do not have the box ticked to include that item in the search, then they affect the search.

Not sure what you mean about the alert position coming form other parts of the word - is that the alerts for G-NMID?
Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: lambertw on October 03, 2008, 05:37:13 PM
I mean the actual position report of the aircraft,the pop ups somtimes only have this information showing together with altitude.
Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: Allocator on October 03, 2008, 05:55:34 PM
The pop-up box only has the actual position of G-NMID and the altitude?

What else are you expecting to see? I get:

Date - Time
Mode S
Flight ID
Registration
Aircraft (Type)
Routing
Altitude
Speed
V/S
Heading

Sometimes I don't get speed, V/S and heading.  Also, you won't get a route for this particular aircraft as it isn't an airliner.  You probably won't get a Flight ID either as the pilot probably won't have set it in the Mode S box in the aircraft.  I'd be surprised if you are getting a position report for this aircraft, a police helicopter.

I've checked my database and G-NMID isn't in it, so I presume that you have had the details auto-populate your database.  When G-NMID appears in your MyFlights list, do you see the aircraft details then?

Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: lambertw on October 03, 2008, 06:09:13 PM
I am getting details of other aircraft nothing to to do with G-NMID.I have just removed the G-NMID from the registration box in alerts and left it ticked with nothing entered  and I am still getting aircraft pop up.
Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: Allocator on October 03, 2008, 06:14:45 PM
This is what I thought you meant from you first post, but you confused me with your posts about G-NMID.

I don't see how this can happen.  it's fairly simple, none of the tick boxes ticked, then no alerts.

So confirm that you have no ticks in any of the following boxes in the Alerts tab:

- Activate Alerts for Network Flights
- Mode S
- Registration
- Range
- Flight ID
- Aircraft
- Squawk


Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: lambertw on October 03, 2008, 06:24:40 PM
I have activate for network flights ticked,I have had registration ticked with G-NMID entered, and I am getting aircraft details, not from G-NMID and I have tried what was in my previuos post.
Nothing else was ticked in other boxs nor details entered.
Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: Allocator on October 03, 2008, 06:39:05 PM
OK, I've set up my Alerts exactly the same and I'll leave RB running for a while and see what happens.
Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: AirNav Support on October 03, 2008, 06:39:22 PM
Don't enter fields either with a return gap.

Some users click enter in the box and then write down the details. The software will think you want an alert on everything.
Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: Allocator on October 03, 2008, 06:43:56 PM
Yes Support, I think that I've managed to create the false alerts by hitting the Return key a few times after the registration.

Lambertw, click in the Alert tab Registration box somewhere below the G-NMID entry.  See if you have any "blank" lines in there and delete them so that the cursor is immediately after the registration so it looks like ):

G-NMID|

don't hit return, but click somewhere else on the screen. This should do the trick :-)

Title: Re: Alerts
Post by: lambertw on October 03, 2008, 07:08:34 PM
Problem solved, thankyou very much it was the blank lines problem,again thankyou for your help allocator.