AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: lambertw on October 11, 2008, 09:16:25 AM

Title: air space map
Post by: lambertw on October 11, 2008, 09:16:25 AM
Has anybody got a map showing individual airport airspace outlines.
Title: Re: air space map
Post by: tarbat on October 11, 2008, 09:26:13 AM
Depends which country you're looking at.  If it's the UK, then the Bones outlines page (http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Kinetic/Kinetic_Utilities.htm) has outlines for:
Airfield plans
Runway centrelines
Lower Airway centrelines
Lower Airway edges
Upper Airway centrelines
ATZ and MATZ
CTA (Control Area)
TMA (Terminal Control Area)
CTR (Control Zone)
FIR, ATSDA and HUACA airspace.
Military ARA, ATA, MTA, TRA, AIAA, E3D Orbit and AARA airspace
TACAN Routes
VOR Roses

I use some of these - see example screenshot.
Title: Re: air space map
Post by: lambertw on October 11, 2008, 11:35:25 AM
Thank you,are these compatable with RB.
Title: Re: air space map
Post by: lambertw on October 11, 2008, 12:28:53 PM
As I am no computer expert,how do I get these outlines onto my RB map.I am in the uk.
Title: Re: air space map
Post by: tarbat on October 11, 2008, 12:35:06 PM
Yes, they're compatible with Radarbox.  How to use them is in the FAQ - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=58.0
Title: Re: air space map
Post by: abrad41 on October 11, 2008, 03:12:12 PM
Hi Tarbat

Can you tell me how to change the colors for the outlines - I see in Map Colors there is type 25 - type 30 and other. I asume these are user use. Do you change a number or something within the file as you do in the sbs.

Thank you

Andy
Title: Re: air space map
Post by: tarbat on October 11, 2008, 03:57:14 PM
You can change the $TYPE= in the file to 25-30 to correspond to the colours in the colour preferences settings.
Title: Re: air space map
Post by: abrad41 on October 11, 2008, 04:06:01 PM
Thank you Mate

I thought that must be the way, same as sbs. What does the OTHER cover on the color preference setting.

Thanks

Andy
Title: Re: air space map
Post by: tarbat on October 11, 2008, 04:06:52 PM
Quote from: abrad41 on October 11, 2008, 04:06:01 PM
What does the OTHER cover on the color preference setting.

I have no idea!!  Maybe types >30 ?
Title: Re: air space map
Post by: abrad41 on October 11, 2008, 04:09:20 PM
Thank you mate.

Air Nav - do you now what OTHER covers in the preference settings.

Andy
Title: Re: air space map
Post by: AirNav Support on October 11, 2008, 04:58:42 PM
This was just as an extra if someone wanted to create a different type just for RB. Nothing important about it.
Title: Re: air space map
Post by: abrad41 on October 11, 2008, 05:10:24 PM
Thank you for reply.

If I wanted to use it, would I use type >30 as tarbat say above or type Other

Cheers

Andy