AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: RodBearden on October 18, 2008, 10:59:52 AM

Title: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: RodBearden on October 18, 2008, 10:59:52 AM
When I was closing down RadarBox last night I noticed a few network flights on the map that were easily in my normal reception range. I turned off the network, started it again, and they were still there, and hadn't moved. I switched off and went to bed.

This morning, I see the same flights are still there, hovering round my house and being bumped into by live flights.

Is this a server problem?

Rod
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: tarbat on October 18, 2008, 11:29:07 AM
Looks like a server problem.  I've also got at least a couple of stuck network flights AEU156, PGT492, and BMA680.  Neither aircraft are visible on the Planeplotter network, but are sitting stationary in Radarbox.
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: Flasheart on October 18, 2008, 11:30:32 AM
Hi,
A newbie is having the same problem here in Devon. Have had a Globespan flight stuck in the area for the past 2 hours and can't find any way of removing it. Any help would be appreciated.

Flasheart
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: tarbat on October 18, 2008, 11:33:34 AM
Quote from: Flasheart on October 18, 2008, 11:30:32 AMAny help would be appreciated.

Only solution at the moment is to turn OFF network flights, until Airnav fix the server problem.
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: RodBearden on October 18, 2008, 11:37:49 AM
Hi Flasheart - welcome to the forum - sorry it's not in happier circumstances!

Still, AirNav are pretty good at fixing these things - stand by!

Rod
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: Flasheart on October 18, 2008, 11:45:35 AM
Thanks for the welcome.
This is only the first problem that i've encountered. Otherwise its a great piece of kit and certainly better than the jurassic system we have at work!!
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: AirNav Support on October 18, 2008, 12:10:26 PM
We are investigating, the server may just need a kick :)
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: RodBearden on October 18, 2008, 12:28:10 PM
AirNav

Have you tried switching it off and then switching it on again?  ;-)

Rod
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: AirNav Support on October 18, 2008, 01:17:19 PM
It should be ok now, post if they still appear.
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: tarbat on October 18, 2008, 01:25:02 PM
I've just turned Network back on, and I'm still seeing the same 3 aircraft - AEU156 (G-STRF) PGT492 (TC-AAK) and BMA680 (G-DBCH) - stuck over Scotland.
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: Allocator on October 18, 2008, 01:37:07 PM
I'm seeing static Network aircraft too:

BCY5008
EIN42R
WZZ119K
BMA97
EZY34X
RYR1127
etc

Give it another kick AirNav :-)
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: RodBearden on October 18, 2008, 03:14:42 PM
I've still got lots:

BMI1025
BMI2331
BMA97
UAE20
TCX219L
EZY743
EZY72XW
etc

Rod
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: Terry on October 18, 2008, 05:04:40 PM
I`ve got exactly the same A/C frozen as you Rod,either that or all have been installed with V.T.O.L so passengers can hover over their houses and take photos?

                                         Regards Terry.
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: AirNav Development on October 18, 2008, 08:00:03 PM
We are working on it now. We have made some changes to the server. Let's wait for the output. The good news is that with these minor problems properly corrected the server gets more robust each month.
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: Terry on October 18, 2008, 08:13:14 PM
Thats a fair comment ,Thank you for your fast response(as usual) and for the update AirNav.

                               Regards Terry.
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: AirNav Development on October 18, 2008, 08:17:46 PM
Can you all confirm all is Ok now? We believe it is.
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: Allocator on October 18, 2008, 08:29:11 PM
No, I'm afraid not.

I've still got the same aircraft that I listed earlier.

For example:

BCY5008
EIN42R
BMA97
RYR1127
WZZ119K

Maybe they will time out soon?
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: AirNav Development on October 18, 2008, 08:41:25 PM
Did you restart the application?
If not stby 2 hours as we are debugging this in detail.
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: Allocator on October 18, 2008, 08:45:43 PM
I deselected Get Flights from RadarBox Network then reselected it.

I've just done a shutdown and restart and it's the same.

If you look about  10 NM NW of WAL (a Locate will find this) you will see BMA97 - when this chaps goes, I think you will have solved the problem :-)
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: RodBearden on October 18, 2008, 10:00:00 PM
Mine are still stuck.

Rod
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: AirNav Development on October 18, 2008, 10:13:25 PM
We know that stby. :-)
We are working on it.
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: AirNav Development on October 18, 2008, 11:28:35 PM
Situation should be 100% corrected now. Waiting for our users confirmation.
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: RodBearden on October 18, 2008, 11:50:33 PM
All my stuck aircraft have flown away now.

Thanks Dev!

Rod
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: Terry on October 18, 2008, 11:57:45 PM
Seems fine now,will monitor for a while,but super job AirNav,well done!

                   Regards Terry.
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: AirNav Development on October 18, 2008, 11:59:36 PM
Ok. That's great news.
Any other problems just let us know.

It important to notice that all the suggestions and minor bug reports are being saved by our team so we can work on them for a future version of the application.
As usual, keep your suggestions coming.
Title: Re: Stuck network aircraft
Post by: Terry on October 19, 2008, 12:20:36 AM
I think everything is Honky Dory again,no sign of sticky aircraft,Super job,well done.

                  Regards Terry.