Help, when I alter or update the database, photo folder, the airnave system just about gives up, it still runs, but will not give registrations only mode s and flight no if there is one. I have an advent 9112 running vista, which I do not recommend anybody buys!!!!!!!! When i do any of the above on my desktop, running XP, it all still runs great, but taking my desktop in the car or on holiday dose pose a few problems!!!!
Can you explain what your changing and also whether you are using the 2009 version?
I mainly run airnav on my desktop and thus the database is continually updated and I use sqlite to modefy the database so I then copy navdata database to a memory stick and then put it into airnav 2009 on my lap top and thats when things go wrong.
If you're running Vista, and have installed Airnav in the default installation location, you'll need to put the navdata database in the Virtual Store - C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009\Data
My own preference is to NOT install Radarbox in the default installation location on Vista to avoid the Virtual Store complications.
NOTE TO AIRNAV SUPPORT - Is it worth having an FAQ for the Virtual Store issue? It keeps getting asked, so a single FAQ on how to find the Virtual Store in Vista might be useful.
Thanks for the info it has worked great, and I also think that a FAQ and Answer would be a very good suggestion, now off to learn a bit more SQL so I can get the database tidy, Thanks again.
Added to FAQ now.