Hi All,
Trying to download updated outlines and logos in Logos and Outlines folders.
I am on Windows Vista and each time I try it comes up with amessage saying I need permission !
Please can someone let me know how to get round this hopefully simple problem.
Step by step is possible, computers not my strong point !
Many thanks
Phil
Phil
Ihave Vista, it is part of Vista User account controls that stop people tapping into your account, if for example you have a wifi network. It will ask you for a password if you have set one up on your user account. Basically press continue twice when you make any change and it will carry out the action.
For logos, do a copy and paste, it will usually save the file with a square bracketed number after the filename ie BAW[1].bmp. You will need to rename the file without that number, ie BAW.bmp, clicking continue on the administrator permission screens again to action the change.
For outline files, it does not allow you to copy them direct into the airnav outline folder. Save them to your my documents area and then use explorer to find them in that area and drag them into the Airnav outline folder. Again at each stage you will need to click continue twice.
It is a pain, but it works.
Regards ACW
Hi ACW,
Thanks for your help.
All done and updated for now !
bit of a pain as you say but now I know what to do, its
not too bad.
Cheers
Phil