AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: oceans777 on November 02, 2008, 08:38:13 PM

Title: No ADS-B blues...
Post by: oceans777 on November 02, 2008, 08:38:13 PM
I can now strongly recommend NOT disconnecting the BNC-male connector on your new expesnive, low-loss coaxial cable from the pre-amp bias-t/RB, then forgetting it's on the floor and accidentally crushing the connector and the end of the coax in a metal door hinge.

It does absolutely nothing to improve your coverage area.

This is KLAX monitoring, off air for a day or so for repairs.

Title: Re: No ADS-B blues...
Post by: AirNav Support on November 02, 2008, 08:42:51 PM
Sounds like a unfortunate accident, hope your back online soon.
Title: Re: No ADS-B blues...
Post by: RodBearden on November 04, 2008, 12:41:29 AM
I see you're back, John. Well done!

Is your range better now?

Rod
Title: Re: No ADS-B blues...
Post by: oceans777 on November 04, 2008, 12:53:56 AM
Hi Rod,

Yes back at last. I went from 60 feet of LMR-400 cable to 45 feet so no great increase in range that I can tell.

But it is WAY better than the crushed BNC and cable, tests prove :-)