Hi I have noticed that I don't get any Military aircraft in the network tab. Are they all blocked on the network. I get quite a few in the Myflights.
Many thanks
Stu
Quote from: waddington1 on November 04, 2008, 10:36:11 PM
Hi I have noticed that I don't get any Military aircraft in the network tab. Are they all blocked on the network. I get quite a few in the Myflights.
Many thanks
Military aircraft don't normally broadcast position. Do non-positional aircraft appear in Network Flights ?
No positional aircraft do not appear in the network flights. Network is only for aircraft which plot on the map.
Will this change in the near future ?
Quote from: AirNav Support link=toipic=1619.msg12645#msg12645 date=1225839946
No positional aircraft do not appear in the network flights. Network is only for aircraft which plot on the map.
Hi Harry
If you mean, will military aircraft broadcast their position in the near future, I'm pretty sure the answer is no!
If you mean, will the RB network show aircraft that can't be shown on the map, then the answer is probably no - we would just get a fairly meaningless list of all aircraft in the world with their Mode-S transmitters turned on, which wouldn't be very interesting, to me, at least.
Rod
You should see some military aircraft in the Network tab. For example, this morning a German Airforce A310 tracked landing at Lossiemouth, and should have appeared in your Network tab. But it's a rare occurrence.
See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1621.msg12652#msg12652
Also, for some reason US Navy E-6 Mercuries seem happy to broadcast their positions - see this thread today http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1620.0 (http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1620.0) - you can often see them on the network over the US and the Gulf using the callsign GOTO FM.
Rod
Get PlanePlotter. It has its own network of sharers and records all aircraft including non-positional. A member of the PP group has written a small application to track non-positional aircraft. It's in its early days and has some bugs but it's getting there.
Tom
Hi Rod,
I was hoping for the network to give a list of hex codes and call signs used for each day. I'm not interesetted in positions only the hex codes and call signs.
Tom,
We joined Planeplotter and that is more like it.
Harry
Quote from: RodBearden on November 05, 2008, 03:39:45 PM
Hi Harry
If you mean, will military aircraft broadcast their position in the near future, I'm pretty sure the answer is no!
If you mean, will the RB network show aircraft that can't be shown on the map, then the answer is probably no - we would just get a fairly meaningless list of all aircraft in the world with their Mode-S transmitters turned on, which wouldn't be very interesting, to me, at least.
Rod
Quote from: Harry on November 05, 2008, 05:56:13 PM
Tom,
We joined Planeplotter and that is more like it.
Harry
Indeed, Harry :-)
Tom
Thanks for all the replies.
stu
Down here in Australia we have a A333 operated by our airforce which displays
:-)