I'm looking for some help in running two programs that both connect to port 7879.
When I connect just one program (Planeplotter), everything works okay. But when I connect the second program (RB Millog), the second program gets incomplete data. If I start the two programs in the reverse order (RB Millog then Planeplotter), then it's still the second program (Planeplotter) that gets incomplete data.
Using telnet, I observe the following incomplete data if a program is already using port 7879:
<MODESMESSAGE>
</MODESMESSAGE>
<MODESMESSAGE>
</MODESMESSAGE>
Whereas the normal output from port 7879 looks like this:
<MODESMESSAGE>
<DATETIME>20081109090706</DATETIME>
<MODES>3949EE</MODES>
<ALTITUDE>34000</ALTITUDE>
<VRATE>0</VRATE>
<AIRSPEED>493.0</AIRSPEED>
<LATITUDE>55.6033</LATITUDE>
<LONGITUDE>-6.7173</LONGITUDE>
<SQUAWK>493.0</SQUAWK>
</MODESMESSAGE>
So, has anyone else seen this happen? And is this a Radarbox problem, or something to do with with the way TCP/IP services are configured? Any help would be much appreciated.
Quote from: tarbat on November 09, 2008, 09:19:56 AM
Whereas the normal output from port 7879 looks like this:
<MODESMESSAGE>
<DATETIME>20081109090706</DATETIME>
<MODES>3949EE</MODES>
<ALTITUDE>34000</ALTITUDE>
<VRATE>0</VRATE>
<AIRSPEED>493.0</AIRSPEED>
<LATITUDE>55.6033</LATITUDE>
<LONGITUDE>-6.7173</LONGITUDE>
<SQUAWK>493.0</SQUAWK>
</MODESMESSAGE>
Not really relevant to your problem but, squawks being topical at the moment, that's a rather strange-looking one.
Yes, looks like there is some issue with the data there being sent over the port. We will take a look.
AirNav,
What is the status on the patch for the several port issues? I thought it was planned for November it this still correct?
Harry
Quote from: AirNav Support on November 09, 2008, 01:08:06 PM
Yes, looks like there is some issue with the data there being sent over the port. We will take a look.
Not sure where you got Novemeber from, we never mentioned a date. We hope though to have patch release by the end of this year.
I got an answer from support today about the patch:
---
Hi,
Thanks for your email.
We are looking to have that out by the end of Nov.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.
---
Quote from: AirNav Support on November 10, 2008, 08:46:43 AM
Not sure where you got Novemeber from, we never mentioned a date. We hope though to have patch release by the end of this year.
Please send us the ticket number of the query so we can check what its refering too.