Hi Alan, hope you had a good Christmas and a happy new year to you. I cant believe the post at this time of the year, I ordered a Flight aware Pro stick Plus just Dec 28th 2017, it just arrived today. I'm going to keep it for using mobile when traveling around the Philippines, I'm still waiting for the Raspberry Pi to arrive (another 12 days ) Is there some way that I can test it with RB24, if so can you give me the links needed to download the software. Just one other thing I wanted to ask, if I set-up the Pro stick Plus with the Zadig drivers will the dongle still work with the Raspberry Pi when it arrives?
Hi Wayne,
Yes all good here and hopefully the same for you.
If you connect the pro-stick to your computer and use it with V6 and your normal credentials it should hopefully work ok enough to let you se that its working.
I don't see that the Zadig drivers will a stop it working with the Pi as they are for Windows and the Pi is Linux. Getting it going in Linux may be a bit harder unless you know that system and its language. See abcd's http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=10201.0 for guidance
Alan
Quote from: G-CONC on January 08, 2018, 10:02:24 AM
... if I set-up the Pro stick Plus with the Zadig drivers will the dongle still work with the Raspberry Pi when it arrives?
Dont worry. The ProStickPlus will work perfectly well when shifted from Windows computer to RPi and vice versa.
What is actually setup is the software on Windows computer and on RPi.
Nothing is setup in the dongle itself.
The dongle remains unchanged weather you use it with Windows Computer or RPi/Linux.
I sometimes plug my ProStickPlus in RPi, and sometimes remove it from RPi and plug it into Windows Desktop, and another time into Laptop running Linux (Ubuntu amd64 or Raspbian x86). ProStickPlus works perfectly well in all these devices.
(https://s20.postimg.org/3wcimsf5p/Pro_Stick_Plus_in_PC.jpg)
(https://s20.postimg.org/e3jwpybfh/AirNav_RadarBox_6.01.001.png)
(https://s20.postimg.org/6giefosvx/20170812_134108-R.png)
Note: This photo was taken during an experiment with attenuators.
I dont normally use attenuaters.
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/369/30794207063_8a48083bfd_z.jpg)
Many thanks to both of you for your help, just one other thing if one of you has an answer, If I continue for a couple of weeks feeding RB24, will the history show on the station: PGANRB110184 web page? at the moment there is no polar diagram forming.
Hi Wayne,
if you ckeck your stattion now, you will see the beginning of a polar diagram. Dependig on the amount of airtraffic in your area it could take some time to build the polar diagram. If still no diagram is shown, you may consider to use another browser to check if it is a browser related issue.
https://www.radarbox24.com/stations/PGANRB110184
Ingo
Thanks Ingo I sent an e-mail to support just a couple of hours ago, I received a ticket to say it had been received.... went back to the webpage just 10 minutes later and the polar diagram was just appearing. I think it was because my old radar box was sent to Portugal and as Customs wanted lots of money to let it through, AirNav systems just abandoned it at the airport, so I think it was switched off. But yes it has started again.
Wayne, can you confirm you are in Koronadal City or are you in a surrounding town. As Ingo states it can take a time for the polar diagram to form especially if you are in a light traffic area.
Alan
Yes Alan Koronadal City. Just after contacting support the diagram started to appear, Thanks.