AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Screenshots => Topic started by: JRS98 on November 19, 2008, 09:00:45 PM

Title: First screenshot from Nor Cal
Post by: JRS98 on November 19, 2008, 09:00:45 PM
Just received the Radarbox today. Here's my first screenshot.
Title: Re: First screenshot from Nor Cal
Post by: AirNav Development on November 19, 2008, 09:26:31 PM
Looks great. What are the red lines? Special flying areas?
Title: Re: First screenshot from Nor Cal
Post by: JRS98 on November 19, 2008, 09:35:22 PM
Thanks Airnav! The red lines are MOAs. China,Lemoore,R-2508 and you can see a bit of the Nellis Range.
Title: Re: First screenshot from Nor Cal
Post by: AirNav Development on November 19, 2008, 09:39:48 PM
You made them yourself or got them from the internet?
Title: Screenshot from East Anglia
Post by: viking9 on November 19, 2008, 09:46:23 PM
Here's a screenshot to show how busy it is in part of my coverage area tonight.

Tom
Title: Re: First screenshot from Nor Cal
Post by: JRS98 on November 19, 2008, 09:53:03 PM
I made them using the Outline Maker and Freq of nature databases.
Title: Re: First screenshot from Nor Cal
Post by: RodBearden on November 19, 2008, 10:01:25 PM
Hi JRS98 - it's great to see our US west coast coverage expanding!

Welcome to the network.

Rod
Title: Re: First screenshot from Nor Cal
Post by: AirNav Development on November 19, 2008, 10:16:30 PM
Thanks a lot for the information and welcome to the AirNav family.
Title: Re: First screenshot from Nor Cal
Post by: JRS98 on November 20, 2008, 12:47:21 AM
Thank you Rod and Airnav, it's good to be here.
Title: Re: First screenshot from Nor Cal
Post by: oceans777 on November 23, 2008, 07:48:41 PM
Welcome JRS98 and outstanding idea for the MOA outlines. Adding them to my own setup soon from your idea.  I'm just south of you about 25 miles NE of KLAX, in terrible Tujunga.
Title: Re: First screenshot from Nor Cal
Post by: JRS98 on November 24, 2008, 11:41:25 AM
Hi oceans777 and thanks for the welcome. We have California covered pretty well. The Freq of Nature database links haven't worked for me for a few weeks so I'll attach the MOA's in this post just in case you have problems with them too. Hope you like them.
Title: Re: First screenshot from Nor Cal
Post by: oceans777 on November 24, 2008, 02:26:06 PM
Hey thanks  very much JRS98 - I really appreciate it! They look great!
Title: Re: First screenshot from Nor Cal
Post by: RodBearden on November 24, 2008, 08:41:41 PM
Those MOA (Military Operational Areas) are excellent.

JRS98 - could you please rename them without the .TXT extensions?

Also, would you like to post them in the Outlines thread so that they reach a larger audience? If you do, I'll also include them in the occasional zip files that I create there.

Thanks

Rod
Title: Re: First screenshot from Nor Cal
Post by: JRS98 on November 25, 2008, 01:39:22 AM
Glad you like them oceans777. Sorry about the txt extensions. They've been fixed.

Rod- Sure,I'd be happy to.
Title: Re: First screenshot from Nor Cal
Post by: RodBearden on November 25, 2008, 04:44:18 PM
Many thanks, JRS98.

I meant to put a question mark after "Military Operational Areas". Is that what MOA stands for? (I'm an airliner man myself).

Rod