hi
there are some airways that are missing.is it possible to outline new airways?
if yes please let me how to outline please
cheers
Hi cruiseman
See this FAQ: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=632.0 (http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=632.0)
Have a play - any more questions, just ask!
Rod
thats airport outline. does it applies to airways too.
Exactly the same - you may like to know these colour codes:
Colour's controlled by having one of the following as a header in the file:
$TYPE=1 - "Other" colour in preferences
$TYPE=2 - Airport colour
$TYPE=3 - Country (coastline) colour
You may want to play with other codes - I don't know what they may do (or not) :-/
Rod
i dont think i will be able to outline. i guess i need step by step guideline.
Which specific airways do you want? Many are available in the UK and Ireland Airspace section at http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Kinetic/Kinetic_Utilities.htm such as:
Lower Airway centrelines.
Lower Airway edges for users who don't like centrelines.
Upper Airway centrelines.
ATZ and MATZ (Military Aerodrome Traffic Zones).
CTA (Control Area), TMA (Terminal Control Area) and CTR (Control Zone) airspace.
Danger, Prohibited and Restricted airspace.
FIR, ATSDA and HUACA airspace.
Military ARA, ATA, MTA, TRA, AIAA, E3D Orbit and AARA airspace. TACAN Routes
hi tarbat,
Upper airways i want to outline and the country is Nigeria-West Africa.
i need to outline some additional upper airways please
cheers
Tarbat,
i have downloaded the outline files from Bones- how do you copy the outline files into radarbox please?
Hi dca
In Tarbat's absence, just put them in this folder (assuming you are using a standard installation):
C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009\Outlines
Restart RadarBox, make sure that you have Outlines checked on the Map menu, and they should appear.
Rod
Great, thanks for your help Rod!
hello Rod
can i get some help please i just need to extend airways please
Hi cruiseman
I've written a detailed guide to outlining airways - attached here as a Word document.
I hope it answers all questions, but, if I've missed anything out, please let me know!
Rod
If you can research (or estimate) the coordinates of the navaids and intersections that define your local airways, it's relatively simple to define a series of 10nm wide rectangular chunks of airspace which, when combined, will produce an airway on the map. Having said that, in the UK at least there are no upper airway edges as such, only centrelines, since all upper airspace is controlled airspace - I don't know if it's the same in Nigeria.
thank you Rod I appreciate your help. The notes were indeed helpful.
The Navaids are spaced well above 60nm.I will try my best for estimates.
thanks guys