http://www.polarorbiter.co.uk/Graphics/200811251727 (http://www.polarorbiter.co.uk/Graphics/200811251727)
Great coverage, Cumulus. What type/height is your antenna?
Tom
Got to agree, great coverage. I can only dream of getting 222 aircraft in My Flights! I'm currently looking at 3 :(
Quote from: viking9 on November 25, 2008, 05:43:10 PM
Great coverage, Cumulus. What type/height is your antenna?
Tom
Hi Tom,
The SSE-1090SJ MkII is at 120m a.m.s.l. High ground reduces the max range between 225-310 degs.
http://www.ssejim.co.uk/26-sseads1090sj.htm (http://www.ssejim.co.uk/26-sseads1090sj.htm)
Cheers,
Peter
What a great coverage. Amazing.
Quote from: Cumulus on November 25, 2008, 09:07:29 PM
Hi Tom,
The SSE-1090SJ MkII is at 120m a.m.s.l. High ground reduces the max range between 225-310 degs.
http://www.ssejim.co.uk/26-sseads1090sj.htm (http://www.ssejim.co.uk/26-sseads1090sj.htm)
Cheers,
Peter
Peter,
Where have you got the antenna mounted? How high off the ground and is it well clear of any parallel walls?
Tom
I'd like to add a WOW! myself.
Rod
Quote from: viking9 on November 25, 2008, 10:34:44 PM
Peter,
Where have you got the antenna mounted? How high off the ground and is it well clear of any parallel walls?
Tom
A 4.5m pole on TK brackets puts the antenna at least 2m clear of our and all neighbouring roof lines and chimneys. I estimate it to be 22m off the ground.
The local topography as plotted by Radio Mobile.
http://www.cplus.org/rmw/english1.html (http://www.cplus.org/rmw/english1.html)
FAB = Antenna location
http://www.polarorbiter.co.uk/Graphics/contour.jpg (http://www.polarorbiter.co.uk/Graphics/contour.jpg)
Cheers,
Peter
Peter,
Many thanks for that very comprehensive reply. You are very well sited there.
Tom
Hi
have what extras do you have to get for the antenna?