AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: g1000cfi on April 30, 2018, 09:05:44 PM

Title: Map has dissapeared
Post by: g1000cfi on April 30, 2018, 09:05:44 PM
Hello,
As anyone else experienced the map disappearing?
Following a Windows 10 update this past weekend, the map is no longer visible.
Aircraft are still listed on the lefts side.
I have played around with the settings and even reloaded the software/drivers. Still no luck.
Anyone have any ideas?

I am running version 6.00

Please note I am NOT a computer or Radarbox expert, so I may have missed something!:)

Thanks
IJ in KMKL 10EC
Title: Re: Map has dissapeared
Post by: neroon79 on May 01, 2018, 07:32:27 AM
Hello,

was it just an update or was it the announced spring creators upgrade?

Ingo

Title: Re: Map has dissapeared
Post by: g1000cfi on May 01, 2018, 11:41:22 AM
Hello,

Sorry - not aware of any spring creators upgrade. I have searched  the forum and can find no mention.
Do you have a link to the topic?
The issue did appear to start after the Windows update and subsequent restart though.
I am very open to ideas!
Title: Re: Map has dissapeared
Post by: neroon79 on May 01, 2018, 12:04:22 PM
Finally Microsoft has just started to roll out the spring creators update.
If it took place on your PC then you are one of the first and therefore no one else had issues with it here.
But usually we got a lot of people having problems after an WIN10 upgrade rollout. (Me included.)

Please enter winver in cortana and confirm with enter/return key.
A window should open.
If your win10 Version is 1803, then the spring creators update took place on your PC.
In that case in the nearer future many other might get the same problem as you have just experienced.
That is why I wanted to know if was just a simple update or the big upgrade, that microsoft usually provides twice a year.

To get the map back try the following:

- In ANRB.EXE (Radarbox software) go to menu item "Map" (File / Filters / Map / Tools / Window / Help)
- and then go to Open/Safe
- select open
- select one of the .ml4 files e.g. Germany.ml4
- it can take up to a minute before the map appears it depends on the power of your PC

Ingo
Title: Re: Map has dissapeared
Post by: Runway 31 on May 01, 2018, 01:28:20 PM
Is the box where the map should be grey or black?

Some things to try.  Just in case its zoomed right in try clicking the - button a few times.

Go to Map/Set Map to and click on a few of the choices which open up and see if you get a map

Alan
Title: Re: Map has dissapeared
Post by: g1000cfi on May 02, 2018, 01:41:42 AM
Hello,
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions so far.
Build is Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.371), so I guess that is not the problem.
The space where the map should be is grey.
Zooming out does nothing.
I tried opening a map – all I get is the 'spinning wheel'. 
Thanks
IJ in KMKL
Title: Re: Map has dissapeared
Post by: Runway 31 on May 02, 2018, 07:41:53 AM
What receiver are you using it with?

Alan