I was a little disappointed when I found out that the Radarbox doesn't show as many Military callsigns as the SBS-1 does. I haven't seen any callsigns for C-5's or KC-135's yet. I was told by a user of both RB and SBS-1 that it's a matter of the way the two boxes decode the info. So can something be done about this or is it just the way it is?
Thanks
It's on the bug list to be fixed in v2.1 - see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1372.0
That's good news, thanks tarbat.
I've noted that many users put 43C* in their alerts for UK Military. Are they any other nuggets of info for USAF and other 'interesting' stuff?
try AE0* and AE1* for usaf flights and also RCH for air mobility command flights both military and charter.
KC-135 tankers of the 100thARW based at Mildenhall use the callsign QUID?? so QUID* in the callsign box will get them.
Tom
Tramline,
Get yourself a copy of PlanePlotter. It displays callsigns and has lots of sharers too. You can get a fully functional trial version here:
http://www.coaa.co.uk/
Then join the PlanePlotter group.
Tom
Quote from: viking9 on December 04, 2008, 06:27:08 PM
Tramline,
Get yourself a copy of PlanePlotter. It displays callsigns and has lots of sharers too. You can get a fully functional trial version here:
http://www.coaa.co.uk/
Then join the PlanePlotter group.
Tom
Hi Tom, thanks for your help. Was that really the right link?
Quote from: Tramline on December 04, 2008, 08:41:42 PM
Hi Tom, thanks for your help. Was that really the right link?
No. Try http://www.coaa.co.uk/planeplotter.htm
Sorry, I somehow missed the end bit off the URL.
Tom
Hi Tom.
I'm a new user of the RadarBox.
I downloaded and registered Planeplotter before I got the radarbox, and tried acars, with OK results. I 'm now working out how to use it with RadarBox.
I'm a new member of the yahoo PlanePlotter group :)
Nige
HadNav
Hadleigh, Suffolk
Hi Nige,
I use PlanePlotter with the i/o set to RadarBox tcp. You will find that due to a bug PP does not record the squawk of aircraft seen by you.
Tom
Hi Tom,
Thanks for info. Do you know if this bug in PP and squawk will be sorted soon?
Nige
Nige, the bug is in Radarbox itself. The lack of squawk code on port output has been reported to Airnav (#17), so maybe this will be fixed in v2.1.