AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Deadcalm on December 10, 2008, 01:11:21 PM

Title: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: Deadcalm on December 10, 2008, 01:11:21 PM
Anyone know what's going on with RYR05T at East Midlands?  it's been going round and round for about 25 minutes now.

DC
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: Deadcalm on December 10, 2008, 01:30:25 PM
Anyone else noticed this, or is there a ghost in my machine?

*Update 13:49 - it's still at it, and in the absence of any replies, I assume it's crew training, circuits and bumps?

DC
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: Tailwinds on December 10, 2008, 02:14:57 PM
Just connected to the Network and I see RYR05T about to land. I see him at 850ft. Mind you, it's still in the same place after at least three minutes at 850ft. Hang on, he's on a go around again. I now see him at 1925ft and turning right from the runway. Yep, he's now going downwind.

What's the routing for this aircraft? It's not showing.
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: RodBearden on December 10, 2008, 02:27:34 PM
He's still at it - perhaps the T on the end of the flight ID stands for Training?

I asume he'll keep at it until he gets it right!

Rod
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: Tailwinds on December 10, 2008, 02:29:23 PM
I wish I could listen on my scanner.
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: Blackthorn on December 10, 2008, 04:04:33 PM
EGNX my local has lots of Ryanair training flights, they have the T (Training) indicator and usually spend most of the day in the circuit pattern.
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: Blackthorn on December 10, 2008, 04:05:43 PM
Not much to hear on the scanner apart from Downwind, base leg and finals for touch and go ;-)
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: nbquidditch on December 10, 2008, 04:38:11 PM
My other half works for Thomson fly & I dropped her off at EGNX a couple of weeks ago and took time to spend an hour there too. Ryanair are definitely training there as I watched a Ryanair doing T&G's for about an hour. Didn't have my RB with me though at the time :)
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: Blackthorn on December 10, 2008, 04:42:03 PM
Only airlines operating from EGNX are allowed to train there so we are restricted nowadays to what we get.
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: Deadcalm on December 10, 2008, 08:22:59 PM
Ordinarily, I wouldn't have been particularly interested in the goings on at EGNX, but my wife was flying back to Limoges from there this afternoon, and I wanted to track the flight as best I could.  So, when I learned it was delayed and I saw this flight going round and round there was a mixture of interest and mild concern...

In the event, I tracked her flight (RYR1632) all the way from EGNX to around the Loire valley.  Such are the wonders of networking.  All we need now are some more users in northern France...

DC
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: Blackthorn on December 10, 2008, 08:57:20 PM
EGNX can be boring but at this time of night there is a lot of freight activity.
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: waddington1 on December 10, 2008, 09:35:08 PM
Hi I live next to EGNX, the RYR05T is a training flight, when the weather is good it will be flying all day from 9 AM.  I must admit it does some amazing tight banked turns, sometimes its like an airshow.

Stu
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: DaveReid on December 10, 2008, 10:23:34 PM
Quote from: waddington1 on December 10, 2008, 09:35:08 PM
I must admit it does some amazing tight banked turns, sometimes its like an airshow.

They do those with passengers on board too:  http://www.aaiu.ie/upload/general/8770-0.pdf
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: Blackthorn on December 11, 2008, 07:32:36 PM
Another interesting callsign to look out for in the EGNX circuit is BCS100T usually a DHL 757 and they do some nice tight turns.
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: Mo on December 11, 2008, 07:59:11 PM
Probably some base training going on :)
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: Blackthorn on December 11, 2008, 08:06:04 PM
Yes, all those with the T prefix on the end are circuit trainers, it helps keep EGNX busy in the daytime.
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: Tailwinds on December 13, 2008, 12:08:33 AM
I've just recieved on my Radar RYR465T LIMF (Torino) - EGSS (Stanstead) at just passed midnight tonight. Is this a training flight as it has the T prefix on the end of it?
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: DaveReid on December 13, 2008, 07:41:07 AM
Quote from: Tailwinds on December 13, 2008, 12:08:33 AM
I've just recieved on my Radar RYR465T LIMF (Torino) - EGSS (Stanstead) at just passed midnight tonight. Is this a training flight as it has the T prefix on the end of it?

No, this one is a regular scheduled flight.

Confusing, isn't it ?
Title: Re: EGNX, RYR05T
Post by: Blackthorn on December 13, 2008, 09:49:07 AM
I thought all Ryanairs were training flights ;-)

You are right this is confusing so why do they do it?