AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: bearcat on December 11, 2008, 08:02:06 AM

Title: Antenna Cable
Post by: bearcat on December 11, 2008, 08:02:06 AM
Hi

With luck I am going to order a Radarbox next week and intend to site the antenna high in the loft without a pre-amp first to see how it goesas I live quite high.
Having searched the forum it looks like the choice is between 2 cables Westflex 103 and
LMR 400, as it will be a run of about 18 mts just wondering which would be the best, plus what would be a good patch lead at the Radarbox end.

Thanks

Stewart

Title: Re: Antenna Cable
Post by: Deadcalm on December 11, 2008, 11:45:47 AM
I use Ecoflex 10.  I originally bought a Wimo antenna and preamp - they provide a cable/plug/lead assembly for the connection between the RadarBox and Bias Tee (SMA to BNC).  I've also got a Kuhne pre-amp, and that has N connectors either end.  To get around that connection problem, I have an SMA/N adaptor, with an additional right-angled N connector to ease the strain.

DC
Title: Re: Antenna Cable
Post by: bearcat on December 11, 2008, 04:28:29 PM
Thanks for the info DC

I'll Have a look at that.

Stewart
Title: Re: Antenna Cable
Post by: jmhayes on December 11, 2008, 06:57:14 PM
Quote from: bearcat on December 11, 2008, 08:02:06 AMthe choice is between 2 cables Westflex 103 and
LMR 400
The performance will be about the same; the Westflex is smaller.
Title: Re: Antenna Cable
Post by: bearcat on December 12, 2008, 08:47:23 AM
Thanks for the info it will help me decide what to get.

Stewart