AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: digitjumbo on December 11, 2008, 01:50:25 PM

Title: New User, no network flights
Post by: digitjumbo on December 11, 2008, 01:50:25 PM
Hello all,

I am using the airnavdatabox for two days, and it seems I dont get any network flights on my box. I am using a broadband internet connection a,d everything seems to te connected well. Can anybody help me

Thanks
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: AirNav Support on December 11, 2008, 01:51:08 PM
Have you ticked the get network flights box, if so does it display an error message at the bottom?
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: digitjumbo on December 11, 2008, 02:02:37 PM
I have ticked the box for network flights, and it shows a green led. Every 4 seconds it's updating, but no network flights on my box
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: tarbat on December 11, 2008, 02:06:46 PM
Is the hardware plugged in and working okay?  Have you entered your registration details correctly when you startup Radarbox.

The network will update every 30 seconds (not 4 seconds), and you should see the 30 second countdown alongside the green indicator for network.  You should see two messages at the botton of the screen when it gets network flights:
1. Connecting to Radarbox network server.
2. Network flight data successfully updated.

It could be a firewall problem.
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: digitjumbo on December 11, 2008, 02:17:58 PM
Yes, everythings seems to be working ok, exept the network flights. I receive "live" movements on my display from the airfields in the vincinity. And have been sending the username and password to Airnav. They send a mail back with teh message, they where processing the order. Maybe I have to wait for another mail from Airnav?
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: tarbat on December 11, 2008, 02:37:50 PM
Are you using the username and password on the CD cover?  And do you see the two messages I listed every 30 seconds?
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: digitjumbo on December 11, 2008, 02:42:52 PM
I used the username and password on th CD cover. I have put my firewall out. No change.
The two messages I don't see on the bottom of my box.
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: abrad41 on December 11, 2008, 02:55:38 PM
Hi

Would you be running AVG Antivirus Software

Andy
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: digitjumbo on December 11, 2008, 03:04:20 PM
YESSS, i am a stupid fool. antivirus software off, and it works. You are ali the best boys. Thanks
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: tarbat on December 11, 2008, 03:43:28 PM
Anyone with AVG needs to read the FAQ on this - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1764.0
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: Blackthorn on December 11, 2008, 03:44:01 PM
Looks like everyone is running AVG these days.

Remember not to leave your virus software off.
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: Tailwinds on December 11, 2008, 04:44:57 PM
I use Free AVG and never had that problem. I am using Windows XP. The only problem I have is when I first start Airnav is that it will take three of four minutes to load. After that, all is well. Even if I close Airnav and start up again it's almost instant. Maybe it's worse for Vista users.
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: Allocator on December 11, 2008, 06:56:33 PM
You need to set up an AVG "exception" so that it doesn't check every single RadarBox file when RB starts.  I'm sure this is covered in the FAQ section.
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: Tailwinds on December 11, 2008, 07:41:41 PM
I can live with it. It's only three of four minutes and like I stated above, it only takes that amount of time once and not on subsequent openings of the Airnav application. Unless of course you actually close down or restart the PC.
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: Allocator on December 11, 2008, 07:49:35 PM
OK, here are the instructions anyway if you need them.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1764.0
Title: Re: New User, no network flights
Post by: Tailwinds on December 11, 2008, 10:10:50 PM
Thanks Allocator. Much appreciated.