AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: freqhopping on December 20, 2008, 12:51:57 AM

Title: ASDE-X ground transmitters
Post by: freqhopping on December 20, 2008, 12:51:57 AM
I'm within range of KIAD and receive four of these pretty much all the time.  Is there any standard for labeling these?  The flight ID for all is TEST1234.
Title: Re: ASDE-X ground transmitters
Post by: ACW367 on December 21, 2008, 08:49:15 PM
Don't think so.  What I have done with the ones that I picked up was to manually give them the 'aircraft' code GRND in the Navdata field. This is not currently a code in use for any ICAO aircraft types.  I'm sure there are picture whizzes on this forum who could create a 68x16 image of an ATC ground transmitter to associate with this code in the silhouettes folder.
Title: Re: ASDE-X ground transmitters
Post by: marcdeklerk on December 23, 2008, 07:17:14 AM
i'm getting a similar hit x3 squawk 7777 pretty much all the time, I phoned the tower and it's not on their radar! Close to fajs