Help !
I am having problems incorporating the outline files for airports onto the map. When I go into Program Files/AirNav Systems/Air Nav Radar Box 2009 all the folder details appear and there is an outlines files folder. When I click on this all the pre installed files appear but when I click on Glasgow for example to open it, the system states it cannot be opened. I am running Vista. How do you open these files and incorporate the details on the main map. Is there a special program that I have to use.
Cheers
You'll find them in Vista's Virtual Store. C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009\
Tarbat,
Got them on now but they only seem to appear on the map when zoomed in fairly close. This , of course, cuts down on the area of the map which can be covered. Is there any way of having them appear on the standard map size ie without zoomiing in ?
Ian
Not sure I understand. My outlines appear at all zoom levels. Maybe a screenshot would illustrate the problem.
Tarbat,
Seems to be working now ok. I do have another query, however. How do I access the database to enable me to make manual changes. When I go into C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009, the data file folder comes up amongst others. If I then click on this folder, I then get a number of data files including one titled NavData and another titled NavData.db3.bak but when I click to open them they don't open but instead I get a message asking for a particular program to open them. Are these the correct files to get into the database and, if so, what program opens them.
With RadarBox running, use File > Database Explorer.
See the FAQ here:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=628.0
Thanks allocator.
I have to say what a great help everyone is in answering queries regarding RB along with many other interesting subjects. It certainly increases the enjoyment of the hobby to know that there are people out there willing and able to assist with any problems.
Hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year.
Cheers.